How Did I Do?

Btw, the tapping head is no good, send it to me for proper disposal.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

Haha why?! I thought it was a good deal and I jumped on it! About time I get a nice tool score! Although I'm seriously debating on selling the tapping head

The "You Suck" banner is meant in a good way around here. It means you got a really good deal and we are green with envy.:drool:
And as for the taping head. If you sell it today, tomorrow you will need it. :laughing: You can use it in a drill press, or in your lathe.

I know the "you suck" was a friendly way of being jealous. I was just horsing around asking "why". I wanted to feel even better about my steal of a deal.

And as for the taping head. If you sell it today, tomorrow you will need it. :laughing: You can use it in a drill press, or in your lathe.

Good point. I didn't even think about using it in the drill press, let alone the lathe.:face slap:

Sweet! ....It reminds somewhat of a Jet I bought for $750 (and you got more stuff (like I had to scrounge up a vice), I gave it a little TLC too and I bought X power feed on craigslist about a yr later, then sold it with some tooling and other stuff for $2000 (I know, sometimes I'm stupid!!) ...What length table is yours? (Mine was around 32"( bye about 9")....FYI: If it or you don't have one, you can get a little DRO and scale kit brand new for that quill for about 50 bones ($) (Amazon)

...PS you can clamp that 3 jaw on the table and use to hold to drill and some light milling on rounds....yoose' can even grip a long ("tall") round in it, use the vice to the side and clamp a support bar or whatever at an angle and tie it up tight (notch the support bar) with wire and do some light milling that way on the end of long rounds...Have fun!! (Be careful)...PS I'm asking what size table because it doesn't look like it's that mini/micro from here!

Last edited:
...somebody stop me!...when you find a permanent home for that thang', try to figure and place it at or close to the edge (end) corner of the bench and yoose' can set up and clamp (like using a v block) how ever long ("tall") rounds there's room for to mill or drill the ends of even 5' or so long (or longer if you're a giant and have a high bench! LOL)...Its not hard depending on using the table edge (end opposite a X power feed you might add) to set up and camp a V block for rounds or an angle plate for squares and flats (or cranking the table out of the way and clamping the fixture (V block, vise, angle plate (yada) on the bench)....but its nice if your mills head swings around 90 degrees or so?....

...I said somebody stop me! LOL...If you see my profile pick with my old 81' Wide Glide, I built (milled, bored) those front fork triple trees out of some "aircraft" aluminum on my little Jet plus some work on those Honda Gold Wing tubes, wheel hubs and dual disc brake assembly (Honda Gold Wing parts on a Harley?!?! (I know, I know...blasphemy!!

So today I made the decision to pick up my first mill. I picked up a mini mill, it's a Micro-Mark Microlux. It's something for me to learn on for now.

It came with a drill chuck, collet chuck, a box plumb full of end mills and fly cutters, a hold down set, parallels, he also threw in a hand full of reamers, some stainless bar stock, hex bar stock and a Tapmatic tapping head. I believe the tapping head is too big for this little mill, but I thought it was nice of him to toss it in.

Picked this all up for under $500. So, how did I do? I already made my first chips with it. I took a 1" chunk of 2" OD aluminum and used a ball cutter to plung mill my initials in the stock. Those were the very first chips I have ever made on a mill and it was exciting!

Good luck with it. I have had a Micro-Mark mill for a few years. It is the older discontinued model that is smaller yet than yours. Due to sever space constraints I needed a smaller unit but it has worked well for the type of work I do. After a couple of years I had to replace the power PC board but that was easy and not too costly. I have found that a lot of my Unimat and Taig tools can be used on the mill and vice-versa.
Have fun.
Wayne

Gatling 2.jpg

Back