Horizontal band saw helper

Charles scozzari

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hello, just would like to share what I use on my 6/12 Famco band saw when cutting a piece that is shorter then half the vise width. this will work on different size band saws. By adjusting the bolts to the size you need to span in the coupling nuts you can match the size of the part to securely hold it, just lay them on the bed. I keep an assortment of bolts on hand to make any distance. The nuts I use are 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, and 5/8"(not shown). Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures. Thanks for looking.0EDDD7D4-0179-42CC-B90B-2B4F04D2109F.jpeg35E9DF1C-7A71-4AEA-B233-AD377B1F29CC.jpeg

That definitely does the job. I've also used a pair of the three sided hold down stands in conjunction with different pieces of scrap to get there. Cheers, Mike

They work great in a pinch Charles . :encourage: I sometimes use the milling machine stepped heel blocks for the same thing . Both get the job done and that's what matters . :)

Just occurred to me that you could just drill and tap the movable jaw for say a 1/2" by 10" bolt with a lock nut on the back side, and you would be good to go without having any loose parts needed. Mike

It is a great universal solution. I've never seen someone mention it since I've been here, so thumbs for the PSA.

Just occurred to me that you could just drill and tap the movable jaw for say a 1/2" by 10" bolt with a lock nut on the back side, and you would be good to go without having any loose parts needed. Mike
That is exactly what I did. I have had my bandsaw configured like that for a number of years. It is one of those things that I never thought of sharing because it just seemed so basic.

This is what I did, but after realizing how long it took to adjust the position, I made a quick-nut for it. Flip the lever and it releases.

20210402_104141.jpg

Back