Hobby DRO

Hi Walt, you have discovered one of the issues with Shumatec that some people find objectionable, it is not a "store" with inventory. Scott Shumate who is the guiding hand behind the Shumatec product has done a marvelous job at designing and producing these units all at no benefit to himself. I originally purchased one of their earlier units (350 type) and I liked it so much that I bought two of the 550's when they were available, I believe I waited almost a year. Much of the delay was because it was a new product and there were some issues with parts sourcing and vendor schedules, etc.

I think if you just put your name on the list and go off and do something else someday you will get an email of the schedule and your off and running. The product (550) is very solid and full of functionality. My units take a beating and have performed flawlessly for over two years. I am sure you will be very pleased with the unit and if not there is a waiting group of people who will be happy to take it off your hands.

Jim

Thanks for the insight, Jim.

This looks like a something that will work just fine for me. I will purchase the scales and readouts in the next few weeks and get them mounted to my milling machine. When the Shumatech readout becomes available, I'll purchase and it and use it to replace the individual readouts. Shouldn't be any problem to wait.

Walt

Back