Hints and Tips

you know those political signs.
They make great work boards to keep your bench clean from heavily greasy, dirty crap.
They make great pallets for mixing epoxy and jb weld.
They make great panels for surface grinder dust shields..

they are also available from septic companies, other purposes.
just clean them with simple green and use.. or don't clean them.

I've got like 30 or more signs at a crossroads just waiting to be picked.. do they really think people see these when they put that many together...

They also make great boards to tape pellet rifle targets to... or .22 targets, if you have a suitable backstop.

-Bear

Was about to throw away a bunch of old cotton socks.. I was thinking what can I do with them. Asking here was going to be a clown show...
But I finally figured out what to do with them.
These are black cotton socks, I used to wear at work, going out.. they are like athletic socks just black. The elastic dried out and they crack when you pull on them. I use white socks for polishing, and car detailing.

But black... hmmm... I can use them for filters for my surface grinder. I had to make my own coolant system. I use a baffle to keep the fluid clean. But now I can use the socks as well to capture most of the effluent before it even gets to the baffle. Just gotta build a way to tie them on. probably just use some pvc and put a connector in to act as a ledge to catch a zip tie or something.

I have a large collection of old 4x5 black and white polaroid photos I accumulated when I was working. Of no use to me now except for mixing small amounts of epoxy, but they work very well for that. I use the smooth backs, not the emulsion side.

I have three or four old interior doors I use for temporary work benches. Set one up on a couple of sawhorses and I have a large flat surface for repairing furniture etc. I got one out just yesterday to work on the glass sun roof panel from my '96 VW Golf (to replace the old gasket). Being hollow-core they aren't up to heavy duty use but they're light and easy to set up. With a plastic cover they make painting/varnishing jobs easy. For one job we set up two end-to-end and used them to varnish some long baseboard pieces.

Was it Dan Quayle that got Potatoe wrong?
I was about 14 years old in 92. But according to the internet, he did. The plot thickens though. He was referencing a flash card prepared by a teacher! It was sabotage!! Ha!

I was about 14 years old in 92. But according to the internet, he did. The plot thickens though. He was referencing a flash card prepared by a teacher! It was sabotage!! Ha!
I was 35,
We all knew at the time it was a set up.

Back