Hints and Tips

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Noticed there was no hints and tips section... For some simple tips
If I misplaced this please move it.

I made this years ago.. I hate it when I have a full can, or just can't hit the mark from a gallon can. Many of the new cans are plastic tops, so this won't work. But I transfer stuff to the old cans using a funnel so I can continue to use this. Also it seems that Acetone still comes in a metal top.

I poked a hole in the top, silver soldered a copper piece on and now have a nice pour spout. I still put the spout up top when pouring, so the air gets in. But I never miss my mark. Used a piece of gasket material and some silicone to attach the casket to the bottom.. used to use cork but it would expand and contract.. and fall out.

20210929_152949.jpg20210929_152957.jpg

Use your indicator holders to help you glue broken things.
I received this trophy years ago, my son loved it when he was a kid and played with it and broke it. I glued it back, it broke again. I drilled and put a music wire , then glued it, he broke it again. Well he's almost 30 now.. no need to worry about him breaking it.
They don't make trophies like this anymore... it's a cast metal... most all are plastic, or high end cups.

Anyway, I was getting annoyed at moving the pieces, you know they sit around and you keep moving them from one place to the next, always in the way..

So previously I had no way to really hold the parts... until I realized yes I do...
Noga, or any old indicator to the rescue.

20211008_180629.jpg

Don't throw away the old torn belts from your portable belt sanders. The backing is waterproof and the belt can be use for wet sanding to remove rust. They hold up better than wet or dry sandpaper. If the belt split the long way due to running into a nail, the split belt is still useful. Turn it inside out and use it for sanding cylindrical pieces.

you know those political signs.
They make great work boards to keep your bench clean from heavily greasy, dirty crap.
They make great pallets for mixing epoxy and jb weld.
They make great panels for surface grinder dust shields..

they are also available from septic companies, other purposes.
just clean them with simple green and use.. or don't clean them.

I've got like 30 or more signs at a crossroads just waiting to be picked.. do they really think people see these when they put that many together...

Noticed there was no hints and tips section... For some simple tips
If I misplaced this please move it.

I made this years ago.. I hate it when I have a full can, or just can't hit the mark from a gallon can. Many of the new cans are plastic tops, so this won't work. But I transfer stuff to the old cans using a funnel so I can continue to use this. Also it seems that Acetone still comes in a metal top.

I poked a hole in the top, silver soldered a copper piece on and now have a nice pour spout. I still put the spout up top when pouring, so the air gets in. But I never miss my mark. Used a piece of gasket material and some silicone to attach the casket to the bottom.. used to use cork but it would expand and contract.. and fall out.

View attachment 380236View attachment 380237
Denatured alcohol, we can't buy it in California??
I like your copper spout.

Denatured alcohol, we can't buy it in California??
I like your copper spout.
what, you can't buy it in CA?????
What did they determine is wrong with denatured alcohol? It's alcohol with a poison to make it pass the ATF taxes by.
WHAT :burned up::burned up:

"Don't step on Superman's cape, Don't spit into the wind, don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger". Mike
I don't get how that relates to the political signs.
can't stand the intersections right now, every major intersection around here is packed with stupid signs...

Back