Hints and Tips

It doesn't, just hints & tips. Mike

I don't get how that relates to the political signs.
can't stand the intersections right now, every major intersection around here is packed with stupid signs...

LOL. You're too funny for the room.

For years, I have been looking for a solution to urethane varnish skinning over once the can is operned. I like to buy a gallon at a time as it is half the price per oz. compared to buying quarts. From what I have observed, the culprit is oxygen from the air space once the can is partially emptied. I have tried various solutions like replacing the used urethane with marbles or filling the space with argon, or propane but they don't seem to work over the long haul.

The solution that works well for me is this. When I open a fresh can, I decant part of the can into a 2 qt. mason jar, filling it nearly to the top and sealing it with a fresh lid. For the remainder of the urethane, I decant into appropriate smaller jars and seal, leaving just enough to complete the task at hand.

For short term intermittent use as in applying multiple coats, I wrap the brush tightly in polyethylene or Saran wrap and toss it in the freezer. I also place my jar of urethane in the freezer. The low temperature slows down the chemical reaction that causes the polimerization. To use, let them come up to room temperature and you're good to go.

Couple yrs ago I yanked all the political signs down from a corner by my house. Did it a couple times.
And I do have a political preference, but to be fair I yanked ‘em all down.
Haven’t done it lately, could be dangerous.

I save the plastic covers from the large cans of coffee. They work great for mixing epoxy.
done that too. Also take milk containers cut them apart for small mixing pallets. when the epoxy dries I can pop it off and reuse it again.
the tops for large cans of coffee make a great way of wiping the epoxy off if you use a spreader and are trying to remove the epoxy after letting it soak in... Carbon fiber work, fiberglass, etc... sometimes you want to remove it for a nice smooth finish and minimal sanding. the top allows you to remove the epoxy ...

great hint... thanks, I agree.

:eek 3:Couple yrs ago I yanked all the political signs down from a corner by my house. Did it a couple times.
And I do have a political preference, but to be fair I yanked ‘em all down.
Haven’t done it lately, could be dangerous.
Next time, proceed under the cover of darkness! :eek 3:

What are they made out of?

Yes, walked up late at night.
In dark clothing.
Most of them were stiff paper or sandwich foam material.
I ended up using the wire frames to hold up my dahlias.
To be clear, I’m not advocating this irresponsible behavior.
But it is very liberating.

Next time, proceed under the cover of darkness! :eek 3:

What are they made out of?
I believe he is referring to fluted polypropylene. They are also popular for T signs for sponsors at golf tournaments.

Back