Help me spend my future budget! Help a newbie out!!

When you ask family members for exotic (to them) books and tools as gifts you should supply them with specifics, e.g., Title author, site and pn for tool. Takes the surprise out of the gift, but you'll get what you want.

Yea I provide the link to the tool. They way there is no confusion. I dont need a surprise I need a tool. Or book or what ever it is. I would rather have one 20 dollar tool I want then 200 dollars in things I dont

When you ask family members for exotic (to them) books and tools as gifts you should supply them with specifics, e.g., Title author, site and pn for tool. Takes the surprise out of the gift, but you'll get what you want.

Yea I provide the link to the tool. They way there is no confusion. I dont need a surprise I need a tool. Or book or what ever it is. I would rather have one 20 dollar tool I want then 200 dollars in things I dont

I agree and I did last year. The said party didn't want to spend the money on shipping so it didn't happen. On a side note what is everyone's opinions on shars precision measuring equipment (tdi, dial indicators, mircrometers, calipers, and etc.)?

You can get way way more for your money buying used on ebay. I got about 2k in starrett and mitty's for about 2-300. Drop and test indicators, mics, height gages all that good stuff.

That dont mean shars is not good. I dont know

Just bought an Aloris tool post off ebay for about 1/3 the price of a new one. All my dial indicators, mics, & calipers came off there too. Good deals to be had if a guy is patient.

Back