[Newbie] Help Getting An Estimate Of Tooling Value?

You done good! Quite a haul for $80.00. Keep what you need and sell the rest on ebay, maybe?

The guys are telling you right. For the seller it would cost him more to ship than the parts are worth. Therefore, you (a local buyer) have the advantage.

I'd offer him $75, let him reply with $125 and then meet in the middle. If he says $500, then walk away and call him back in 3 weeks.

When you get home you sort out what you can reasonably use. Then pile like-sized cutting bits into 5-10 piece "lots" and sell it on Ebay for (starting) $20 per lot. You should be able to sell the over-size and under-size bits for enough to recoup your initial outlay, and be able to keep the pieces that you can really use for your efforts.

If you'll look at Ebay for cutting bits, the hottest selling items are the "lot" groups of cutting bits. Especially note in the ad if the bits are marked USA and people will go crazy.

All these statements assume that Canadian post has something akin to the USPS "Priority Box" that is a fixed rate shipping no matter the weight. Good luck.

You probably aren't going to get that price on eBay for those tool bits. I've bought several lots on eBay of those for less than 1.00 each, and that included shipping.

Ya done good. Makes me jealous !
If you know someone with a big shaper they would want that large HS stock.

Very nice find, wish it would have been one province over...

The arbor saw is a milling cutter, I think more for horizontal mills?

The out of place thing is a generic puller if you weren't sure...

Last edited:
I believe the long rod that you were asking about is a rifling broach ( PM me if you don't have a use for it ) And the " arbor saw " I would tend to believe is an Involute gear cutter?

Ya done good. Makes me jealous !
If you know someone with a big shaper they would want that large HS stock.
I forgot to take a picture of a massive ~3"x3" hunk of hardened steel he sent along too. I'll take a pic later.

I believe the long rod that you were asking about is a rifling broach ( PM me if you don't have a use for it ) And the " arbor saw " I would tend to believe is an Involute gear cutter?
Will PM, if nothing else want more details, haha.

OK, That is quite a hall of stuff. If you cannot use it all, you can put lots together and sell on Ebay and make a little of the money back.

That long rod has writing on tha side. Whatdoes it say. Oh what a great score.:congrats: :you suck:And around here that is a good thing.

Back