Hello, My name is Richard and I am a toolaholic

Oh, and I have never purchased an adjustable wrench like a Crescent, but I own 8

You guys are a terrible influence! I pickup any aluminum, zinc, brass or copper I can find and melt it into usable stock. Today I'm making a bracket for my cold saw rehab out of some aluminum I had cast.

I have yet to find a cure for this disease. I set out to find a CXA knurler for the Victor. I found a fella that said he had one he was going to sell. He said it was rust free, wasn't beat up and he wanted $75 for it. When I showed up at his shop, I discovered that what he was holding for me was an Aloris, and as described. He had converted to a larger lathe and was considering selling off what he had for CXA. When I asked what else he had, he said more Aloris. In the pic below, I had only the top boring bar holder and the two CXA1's to the right prior to the purchase. The other 10 he sold to me. I was able to get out the door with all 10 for $500 cash, and save him the trouble of cleaning them up. All used, but all in great shape. To be fair, I did run them through the parts washer to get the swarf, dirt and oil off of them. The other pic is the only new tool holder I have ever bought, and I bought it on Monday. I stumbled on it looking on Amazon. $180. (Buying Aloris on Amazon seems wrong to me for some reason.) Considering the price I was sure that Amazon would email me and bag my order. I like the thought of being able to swivel the pad to get the cutter at the angle that I want without loosening the QCTP, and set up to 5* of rake either side of zero. This one, the CXA-22 will also work for shallow boring. I had not seen one of these anywhere other than the big money for new so I thought this would likely be as good as I would be able to do. A new test indicator and a new turning tool all in the same life time. All to ride on top of 50+ year old equipment. Like my old man used to tell me about my hot rods, "if it don't go fast, chrome it"

Attachments

• IMG_7743.jpg
    IMG_7743.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7859.jpg
    IMG_7859.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Definite suckage. Congratulations on a great deal!

Looks like you did well Eyerelief. The new chrome on the Hot Rod is going to look great! LOL

Back