Heavy 10 Restoration Work In Progress.

Oh yeah, my love affair with 12L14 took a bad turn. It finished beautifully, but the fine chips just love to work their way into the scroll of the chuck.... and the threads of the backplate. Had to disassemble and clean the 3 jaw every time I took it off and reinstalled it.

Looking good! Going to take me a while to get where you are as mine is still little bitty pieces! Glad the Shars AXA tool holder worked out for you I'm looking for the same type of unit for mine and was also concerned about the quality.
Rodney

The Shars QCTP and holders are Ok. The locknut on the height adjusting screw on the tool holders tends to lock too tightly, requiring using pliers to hold the knurled wheel to loosen it. The threaded stud that these ride on comes loose from the holder. Nothing a little red Loctite won't fix. Just minor nuisance issues really. Over all I'm happy with them.

Hello and thanks for showing the progress of your restoration. I have a 1944 SB H10 with taper attachment. I am about to make a new crossfeed screw but might consider buying if the price is right. Would you mind posting a link to the ebay supplier you bought your screw from? Thanks in advance and keeping an eye on your progression.

John C.

Superb workmanship, thanks for posting, you say that the serial number is missing due to a bed re-grind, If you know someone high up in your local police department & tell them how you have restored a nice old vintage machine, I wonder if they could look at the portion of the bed with a portable device they use for checking auto mobile engine blocks where the serial number is ground off, Over here the police have this portable machine which can see the trace of the stamp under the grinding surface. Do not know if over your way they will help the community Might be worth asking? As far as i know this machine is a non destructive check ing divice.

Hello and thanks for showing the progress of your restoration. I have a 1944 SB H10 with taper attachment. I am about to make a new crossfeed screw but might consider buying if the price is right. Would you mind posting a link to the ebay supplier you bought your screw from? Thanks in advance and keeping an eye on your progression.

Thanks John! I'll send him a message to see when he'll have a new screw ready.

Back