Guess I need to learn wrought iron work

Nutfarmer

Registered
Registered
Had a young driver playing Evel Knievel on the levee road in front of the house. The good news he managed to walk away from the crash. Unlike the last one that didn’t make the corner. The bad news he didn’t have insurance and just the fence damage was 26 thousand. He came off the levee and jumped the six foot high fence then took out two gates 80 feet of fence and the gate opener. He ended up about two hundred feet from where he left the road into an oak tree.

Attachments

• IMG_0354.jpeg
    IMG_0354.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0353.jpeg
    IMG_0353.jpeg
    598.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    543.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0392.jpeg
    IMG_0392.jpeg
    599 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    770.9 KB · Views: 68
Did he own the car? If not, whoever owns it is responsible. Did you get a police report yet?

Had a young driver playing Evel Knievel on the levee road in front of the house. The good news he managed to walk away from the crash. Unlike the last one that didn’t make the corner. The bad news he didn’t have insurance and just the fence damage was 26 thousand. He came off the levee and jumped the six foot high fence then took out two gates 80 feet of fence and the gate opener. He ended up about two hundred feet from where he left the road into an oak tree.
Man, that sux.

Do his folks have any money? You do own a farm, did he look like he can work?

Most of those fence panels are available in sections so don't really have to do wrought iron unless it's really old and not steel.

John

I did turn it in on my home owners insurance. They want to depreciate the value of the fence like it was a car. I was totally floored at the cost to replace it. I am sure I could obtain a judgement against the 20 year old driver. Collecting it is an other story. I am happy he was still alive. About five years ago a high speed police chase ended in the front yard with the car into an oak tree and burnt. 32 year old mother of three gone. Material things can be replaced. Lives can’t. The oak tree finally gave up and fell this year. Would have taken it down, but in Sacramento county you need a special permit to cut an oak tree down. So I waited for it to fall. It blocked the road and the county had to cut it up. Government here never makes sense. It would be easier to just fix the fence myself than all the paperwork I am going through.

Back