Grizzly Gear Type?

Thanks for all the replies! I Believe that I have enough info to get myself in trouble now. I will order the needed cutter and give it a try. Nothing to loose and knowledge / experience to gain. Thanks again for all the input.

Just my luck! Now after having gone thru the trouble of determining the gear type, finding and ordering the proper cutter. I discover that my 90:1 rotary table dividing plates will no allow me to cut a 104 or 56 tooth gear !!! ARGH. I cannot find a way with the division holes that are available to be divisible.

Unfortunately no! 6" table, plate (1) 15,16,17,18,19 and 20. Plate (2) 21,23,27,29,31 and33. Plate(3) 37,39,41,43,47 and 49 . So long story short I am SOL!!! After looking at the bay it would appear that the 6" 90:1 tables and dividing heads are all in the same boat. I even thought of making my own plate with 52 holes.

Those plates are reasonably priced true, In the US! Anything coming to Canada carries a 30%premium due to our dollar and shipping. Then the fact they are a 4 screw mount and my table is 3 , it may be more trouble than it is worth at the moment. I was wanting to do this to prove to myself that I could, after checking price and availability of the gear from grizzly for $17.00 US seems like a better option at this time. Perhaps a better dividing head is in my future but it is just that, future. Thanks again for all the insight and help.

You could order the gear from King Canada too but it is probably 3 times the price of the Grizzly one.

I agree whole heartedly, I have already gone the grizzly route! Besides the fact that if I had to buy my parts from KING Canada I would more than likely just haul my lathe to the scrapyard myself. To say I received POOR service would be an understatement. NEVER again will I buy ANYTHING from King Canada Industrial.

I gather you've had some bad luck with King Canada.

I've got a bunch of older King stuff and haven't had problems with that stuff but it seems that anything new is not the same quality. In the last year I bought a 10 x 22 metal lathe, a Mill drill and just this week a 12 x 36 metal lathe and I've had problems with all of them. Fortunately my dealer has been awesome and worked with me to get through the issues with the first lathe and my mill drill. King Canada was also helpful in resolving the issues with my mill drill. Sent me 2 replacement motors and now it works fine. The new lathe has issues and the dealer has agreed to take it back and give me a refund. Not sure if I will go that route yet but it's nice to know I have great after sales support. I think the dealer is the key to getting after sales support and that is why I have stuck with him and the King line. Wish he carried other lines though.

So where will you get your next lathe, mill, etc. when the time comes?

That is where the problem lies, The dealer here in town. I approached him with the trouble(s) and was told to contact king myself. When I did the second time for the same problem, they sent their "warranty service rep" out to my place to inspect the problem(voids in the "hardened ways" he inspected and agreed with me . made recommendation that he should tear down and replace the bed. King Canada refused and informed me that if I wanted anything done I would have to send the entire lathe (intact) back to Quebec, half way across the country on my dime . Plus pay return shipping. I am of the mind that I will have to bite the bullet and pay the price to go to one of the machinery dealers here in town, at least I will have some peace of mind .

Back