Grizzly 13x40 G1031 for $500?

In the import buggy market a brand named Joyner was at the top of the list for quality. They stopped bringing one of the most popular models to the US. Parts dried up fast. After months of no parts someone started looking around found this buggy was supplied world wide and was still being supplied world wide. Even today, 5yrs after the trouble, that model is still one of the most popular world wide. I could order parts from just about any place in the world, including china, Greece, Australia, England, etc..

Often times a model falls out of popularity for another model vendors stop bringing a model over from lack of profit, warranty issues, what ever. But that model may very well be selling like gang busters in Mongolia. Your biggest issue is finding out what it might be called in other places.

It was not a bogus add. I just got there first....what did we ever do before smart phones???

I found a bad contactor as expected. I suspect there are a couple other wiring quirks as well but I can't seem to locate a manual for it yet. Hopefully a phone call to Grizzly will help as it's not available on line.

It was definately the dwal I had been waiting for.

By the way...:yousuck2:

Good score motox43.
Chuckorlando has anyone ever compiled such a list? I have a Falcon mill that was also sold by the old Enco Enco says its too old and are useless and Falcon who knows.ravudu2e.jpgde4udu5a.jpg

Master of unfinished projects

I'm not sure if anyone has made a list. I have seen list for the 9x20 and most old iron machines. But I dont know about a import list as a whole.

Another thing to look for with asian machines is cross over parts. Rarely do they design something using one off parts. I would figure alot of parts come from another places shelf. I can name about 10 buggy manf that are in no way related. Yet every one has the same inner and outer cv joints peddles, master cylinders, seats, shocks, even the motor is identical.

Chances are them gears and things of that nature come from a dedicated gear plant, dials and knobs from another plant, motor from another plant, etc. It's alot cheaper for a plant to make one table for 20 kinda machines then 20 tables for 20 machines.

Good score Motox43. I just aced one of the guys at work out of a lathe on craigslist by a few hours. I agree that you have to watch almost constantly to get the good deals.

I'm not sure if anyone has made a list. I have seen list for the 9x20 and most old iron machines. But I dont know about a import list as a whole.

Another thing to look for with asian machines is cross over parts. Rarely do they design something using one off parts. I would figure alot of parts come from another places shelf. I can name about 10 buggy manf that are in no way related. Yet every one has the same inner and outer cv joints peddles, master cylinders, seats, shocks, even the motor is identical.

Chances are them gears and things of that nature come from a dedicated gear plant, dials and knobs from another plant, motor from another plant, etc. It's alot cheaper for a plant to make one table for 20 kinda machines then 20 tables for 20 machines.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I just bought a very common older Taiwanese lathe and am curious of the best overseas places to look for parts.

it is the one with the headstock that looks like this. I don't even know who actually made it.

thanks,

Chris

30A8CDC5-42FB-4086-833B-79DB3467A568_zpsjsjz8up2.jpg22DA5521-F2A7-4374-B285-5878F5B2D4BD_zpstsiyqir5.jpg

Back