Grizzly 13x40 G1031 for $500?

coolidge

Active User
Registered
I found this ad on craigslist, don't know anything about this lathe and it seems long out of production but for $500 even with the electrical issue that sounds like a deal.

Grizzly 13x40 Metal Lathe- With Tooling - $500 For sale is a Grizzly G1031 metal lathe. I bought quick change tool holders and carbide insert tooling for this lathe and have used it lightly since.
This lathe has an electrical issue that I think is a sticky forward relay/contact. The tooling is all there and ready to go.

00i0i_kjCIFk3Z2on_600x450.jpg00u0u_4p5IuLg6jGg_600x450.jpg

00i0i_kjCIFk3Z2on_600x450.jpg 00u0u_4p5IuLg6jGg_600x450.jpg

You didn't buy it yet? Go get it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It was posted yesterday and I just saw it today, I emailed the guy but no response yet.

It was posted yesterday and I just saw it today, I emailed the guy but no response yet.

You snooze you loose, ya gotta be quick for the good buys, worst case it would need a new mtr (which I would want to upgrade) to a
3 Phase mtr with freq drive would make that nice with variable speed:))
GL & God bless

P.S. I retired out of the Camas paper mill in 95, used to work with a guy named Ray Wharton from Battle Ground.

I seen it at 30min after posting e-mailed him I want it and have cash right now and 2.5 hours away no reply! I think it may be a bogus ad! I do not think we will get a response! just refreshed the ad it has been deleted by author so it looks like it is gone!

Yeah I sent him two emails and no response. I already have a brand new G4003G but I would have bought that one because it was priced insanely low.

It was not a bogus add. I just got there first....what did we ever do before smart phones???

I found a bad contactor as expected. I suspect there are a couple other wiring quirks as well but I can't seem to locate a manual for it yet. Hopefully a phone call to Grizzly will help as it's not available on line.

It was definately the dwal I had been waiting for.

Yea, that's an insanely good deal, they either must have wanted it gone really badly or they had no clue what it was worth. I would have bought that one and replaced my current 13x40 with it, it is the higher end one with the foot stop.

Congrats Motox that was a smoking good deal. One thing that concerned me was its out of production, no parts available, no manual available, but for that price its still a no brainer.

One thing I have learned about asian imports.... After the parts are dry in the US, loo over sea's. Most cases they dont stop producing them, they just stop bringing them here. Thats not always the case, but worth a look

Back