Granite surface plate

I love that the chunk of rock has a CA warning. lol. Ok then.

Let us know what the shipping is like, always nice to know how places do with it. Not just cost, but packaging and such. I'm amazed at the number of people who think a cardboard box and foam peanuts should be enough for a 100lb fragile part.

I think this question fits within the OP’s topic.
What are the advantages/ disadvantages of having the ledge?
I've been told that ledges are convenient for clamping a workpiece. I suppose, if your workpiece had an inconvenient center of mass, clamping could be more useful than dangerous.

I love that the chunk of rock has a CA warning. lol. Ok then.

Let us know what the shipping is like, always nice to know how places do with it. Not just cost, but packaging and such. I'm amazed at the number of people who think a cardboard box and foam peanuts should be enough for a 100lb fragile part.
How about 100 pounds total consisting of numerous parts, all with corners, points and left individually free to respond as acceleration and inertia demand.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :bang head:

@tim81

If the shipping cost is shocking (from KBC), search Amazon. Always shop for total cost (item PLUS shipping).

I hope the shipping cost for you isn't shocking.

KBC has a location in the Los Angeles Area. Out of curiosity, I put the plate in my cart and requested a shipping estimate (automated) to a zip code that I know to be about 1000 miles from LA. The reply was "1-801-760 - Cannot be shipped FedEx" (68 pounds) and a choice between will call or freight. For delivery to Pennsylvania, I imagine it would be shipped from Chicago or Detroit, but ??? Please reply with your shipping cost.
It was shocking so I canceled it was around 375$

At that price differential, you could buy three plates from Amazon and lap them all to virtual perfection.

PS: I'm sure you will be well pleased with the $105 plate. :clapping:

You must have gotten the last one (current stock).
It shows "Currently unavailable" to me right now.

Yes I am trying to cancel again as the shipping cost got updated to 67$ for the previous one. Apparently it was a mistake.

Back