Got Sharpie Problems?

I use sharpies by the handful in the shop.

My hobby is rebuilding old military firearms to semi auto running weapons. There is always a piece of metal that must effortlessly slide on another. I "paint" the entire surface with sharpie and run the action. this shows the tight spot much better than anything else. A sharpie spinner is in my future.

We are now working on the SS1000. Sharpie Sharpener to sharpen your no long sharp Sharpie nibs. :big grin:

So does the sharpener get held in the tailstock or tool post holder and sharpie in the chuck or the other way around or in other words which part goes round and round??? How accurately will it need to be dialed in to work?

So does the sharpener get held in the tailstock or tool post holder and sharpie in the chuck or the other way around or in other words which part goes round and round??? How accurately will it need to be dialed in to work?
What is the maximum G force a Sharpie can withstand? What is the failure mode? ;)
Robert

Don't tell'em, Will, don't tell'em! They're just trying to rip off your proprietary designs so they can have them made out of inferior pot metal in overseas sweat shops with child labor to undercut you. BUT, if you happen to need a Beta tester...... ;)

Tom

I wonder how soon we'll see a cheaper copy of your "sharpie saver" on AliExpres :grin:

Don't tell'em, Will, don't tell'em! They're just trying to rip off your proprietary designs so they can have them made out of inferior pot metal in overseas sweat shops with child labor to undercut you. BUT, if you happen to need a Beta tester...... ;)

Tom

Yup, thanks for the warning Tom, I know what kinda games they are up to! :D

Back