Good starting filament printer?

Don't see why you need to fuss a bunch with tuning. You just want to test the filament, right? And the filament test is just for proof of concept for the machine that made it (that you made)? If you're going to the trouble, then it may indicate that you have been seduced by 3D printing and are now a slave to this new machine, your purpose in life having been reduced to feeding it filament and making sure it is comfortable and happy in its nest with all its favorite parameters. Not that it's happened to me or anything, but it's a hell of a drug and if you're not already hooked yet I suggest getting back on task while you still can.

Don't see why you need to fuss a bunch with tuning. You just want to test the filament, right? And the filament test is just for proof of concept for the machine that made it (that you made)? If you're going to the trouble, then it may indicate that you have been seduced by 3D printing and are now a slave to this new machine, your purpose in life having been reduced to feeding it filament and making sure it is comfortable and happy in its nest with all its favorite parameters. Not that it's happened to me or anything, but it's a hell of a drug and if you're not already hooked yet I suggest getting back on task while you still can.
I have not made the filament maker yet, right now I am still using the testing filament to dial in settings and stuff
I do have a few use full prints planned, and then going to start printing the parts for the filament maker (it will be slow)
still need to order the stuff for it as well thats not printed parts

Not my place to say so but the filament maker is cool but not practical.
a kilo of decent filament (that would be far more precise than you can make) is around $20 on Amazon. To make that much filament with a maker would take days.

a kilo of decent filament (that would be far more precise than you can make) is around $20 on Amazon. To make that much filament with a maker would take days.
If it keeps the stuff out of a landfill then I won't argue with it.
Maybe the point of the DIY machine is to make the process more efficient so that it makes sense to do it in 1st world countries too.

its not as bad as you think, so your normal 16.9oz water bottle has 19 grams of plastic, to get about 500 grams (0.5kg) is only like 21 of those small bottles coming in at 42 grams you can get about 500 grams out of 11 2liter soda bottles
I have some 1 gal water jugs that it would only take about 5 to get to 500 grams

To each their own. I won't criticize those who want to go this route.
Most of my prints use fare more filament than I can get from a soda bottle and I mostly use PLA (which biodegrades) anyhow.
I also do a lot of color prints so there's not really a way to get a nice vibrant color from a soda bottle.

I wish plastic were recycled more or at the very least put back where it came from (It's a byproduct of fossil fuels)

To each their own. I won't criticize those who want to go this route.
Most of my prints use fare more filament than I can get from a soda bottle and I mostly use PLA (which biodegrades) anyhow.
I also do a lot of color prints so there's not really a way to get a nice vibrant color from a soda bottle.

I wish plastic were recycled more or at the very least put back where it came from (It's a byproduct of fossil fuels)
just an fyi you can color any fully clear bottles with stuff like alcohol inks or even sharpies it just adds a step to the making the filament
saw a cool little ink well for alcohol ink on thingiverse, now I wished I saved it

You can use Cura, without adjusting anything - just pick "Creality Ender-3 / Ender-3 v2". From the slicer's perspective there's nothing different about the Neo. Creality's slicer is based on Cura, but way behind in capability. I'd definitely recommend making the switch.

GsT

You can use Cura, without adjusting anything - just pick "Creality Ender-3 / Ender-3 v2". From the slicer's perspective there's nothing different about the Neo. Creality's slicer is based on Cura, but way behind in capability. I'd definitely recommend making the switch.

GsT
so last night I side by side the two input windows and made the few changes from Creality's slicer into Cura so i have its profile over there

so last night I side by side the two input windows and made the few changes from Creality's slicer into Cura so i have its profile over there
Would recommend instead follow these instructions exactly. This is what worked for me out of the box; no fuss whatsoever:
You can use Cura, without adjusting anything - just pick "Creality Ender-3 / Ender-3 v2".

Back