Good Deal or ...?

ah man, these pop up every few months. Complete waste of time (yours). You'll get your money back, but it'll take you more time than you'd want (ie. >0).

Remember the whole dividing head scam? The 3 jaw chuck scam? There are probably others, but I only have so much storage up top.

i purchased an inexpensive VFD for $26USD, it has been running for 3 years now without a hiccup
a welder is a different animal, but i'll be watching to see the performance
i expect very low duty cycle, but if you only need to make a couple inch welds at a time, the unit may perform as intended

i purchased an inexpensive VFD for $26USD, it has been running for 3 years now without a hiccup
a welder is a different animal, but i'll be watching to see the performance
i expect very low duty cycle, but if you only need to make a couple inch welds at a time, the unit may perform as intended
This is actually a plasma torch. I don't have a lot of need for one but when I do, it would be of great use. I have a stainless steel sheet metal project that has been sitting on the back burner for some time now. (The intent is to weld up a seamless flue pipe for our wood furnace to replace the steel pipe that rots out every year or so.) The source material is an old commercial sink/counter top and sheet metal gauge is too heavy for using shears. For steel, I have a cutting torch but keeping the bottles filled is a PITA. I could use cutoff disks for my angle grinder but iy is difficult cutting tight curves.

What is up with this crazy retail world?
-M
Nothing new, just a different way of plying their trade. The problem now is the anonymity of the internet makes it nearly impossible to apply any corrective action. For all of these various schemes, as in any business, the incentive is that the rewards exceed the risk.

Part of the problem is that the broker isn't doing any vetting of the sellers. I find that eBay does a fairly good job. I have only had a couple of purchases that flat out didn't work and they were less than $10 total.

On the other hand, Facebook is a different story. Three days ago there was an ad for a current production Dell computer for $89. The story was that Dell was closing out the line, hence the low price. A quick check of Dell's website shows the computer is still in stock and sells for more than $1,400. I repoered to Facebook as a scam, as I usualy do when I see these ads, with the assurance from Facebook that they will check into it and report back. They never do.

There are 2 listings for that same item. One price is $649.00, and the other is $28.99.
Robert

There are 2 listings for that same item. One price is $649.00, and the other is $28.99.
Robert
I wonder if the $28 listing is just for a part like consumables, torch . but no matter what the listing clearly describes a plasma cutter .

After checking the Canadian eBay , the same thing is $35 Canadian and there 's a second listing for the actual plasma unit($804.18 CAD), the $35 one is in fact for the torch.

Back