Good Deal or ...?

RJSakowski

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Yesterday , I received an email from eBay for the following:

I decided to order one today. I don't know if I'll find a skunk at the bottom of the rabbit hole but I figured that $30 isn't a huge risk and I have eBay's and PayPal's guarantees to back me up. I am copying the original ad as well as any info concerning shipping in the event there is a problem.

It will be an interesting exercise.
Plasma Torch 210701JPG.JPG
Plasma Torch 2 210701JPG.JPG

I have seen many of those in the past. An item that is too good to be true, or almost too good to be true. Add in the less the 50 feed back, and all those giving them the feed back has less then 50. I have tried several, and all end up being refunded by PayPal. Usually takes place over a weekend. Also almost always all private sales, otherwise all the sold items are about $1 or less.

I do not get what they get/make out of it. Spend a year or more setting the account and feedback up, and then toss it away in a few days. Might make off with a few sales that do not get refunded from them, costing Paypal. Last time I saw a similar thing, I tried to notify E-bay and PayPal, and neither had any good way to alert them, so they could stop it.

I totally agree with what all of you are saying. However, I recall several offerings where there was an error on the seller's part resulting in a ridiculously low price. Usually, the offer was revised or withdrawn in short order but those who got in early actually received the merchandise. I have also bought items on eBay whose price was inconceivably low that turned out to be legitimate.

I recall an offering of boring heads at a very low price. I hesitated on that one and the opportunity passed. I know a number of HM members bought one or more and were satisfied with their purchase.

I expect that I have a less than 10% chance of actually receiving the advertised product. I also am expecting that either PayPal or eBay will make me whole again. If not, I am out $30.

RJ,

The part that makes me smile is that I think of you as a pretty conservative guy (based on my interpretations of your posts) but I estimate this adventure to be a wild flier. Nothing wrong with letting your hair down from time to time. :laughing:

If not, you'll get your money back from eBay or PayPal.

RJ,

The part that makes me smile is that I think of you as a pretty conservative guy (based on my interpretations of your posts) but I estimate this adventure to be a wild flier. Nothing wrong with letting your hair down from time to time. :laughing:

If not, you'll get your money back from eBay or PayPal.
You hit the nail on the head.

Back