Golf cart to atv.

I got a trans here that was part of a china 300 engine. I beat the engine to death for being a POS but I saved the trans. It takes a run of the mill china driven clutch for a 250cc engine. Very very common with lots of options. If you can use it you can have it. You woud need to fit it to a side shaft with a proper drive clutch.

A little 5hp will do 25 all day. Another option that would be self contained engine and trans is the china engines they use in all the buggies and utvs. Tons of parts and hop ups and pretty cheap. You have the gy6 150cc which is a honda clone and you got a cn250 which is water cooled and then you have the cfmoto 250 which is the same as a cn except it has a low gear on top of drive and reverse.

Another good trans option is the polaris trans. I have one but thats my back up so you aint getting it ahaha. They have f/r ne and h/l/r ones. They are good for about 100hp and pretty cheap and compact. Same type clutches as most sleds and utvs and stuff. Pretty cheap and solid for low hp

Thanks you gave me some options. I live in St. Pete so not to far from you.

Chuck
If you run across a 1974-1988 ezgo gas rearend in your area cheap let me know. That would make this project alot easer. An old beatup gas cart would work also.

I'll ask the neighbor. He has all kinda parts and a few whole and old machines. Do some looking here in a bit for you my self. NEED MORE COFFEE

Just had to make the cart look like my mustang.:lmao:
1104141623.jpg1104141624.jpg

1104141623.jpg 1104141624.jpg

I was just thinking earlier today about making my own ATV - something small - would a 400c engine with say 15hp be enough to make it go around 20 - 25 mph?

I had a 5hp b&s that would do 40 on a go cart. It comes down to gearing. My 400 has 35hp stock and is built to 70hp now.

If you want to build a machine with a random engine, start with the engine. Me and about 10 of my buddies all bought atv's, gut out the engine, trans and electrics, then sole off the rest and made our money back+ I paid 900 for my 400 and 1000 for my wifes 500. I got some other buddies that did not do the atv thing but went with the sled motors. Same idea. Buy a cheap beat up machine, re ring it and sell the left overs.

Well I just picked up a 1987 ezgo 244cc engine rear end and all electrical. So time for the build to start.

Back