Golf cart to atv.

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
I was just given an old ezgo golf cart. Has anyone converted one to an all ATV. I am looking to do a 5" lift and off road tires. It is 36v electric now hope to convert to gass.

I know of a few people that have them with the lift kit and the ATV tires. They all have gas machines already. Converting from electric to gas could be difficult, but if you are willing to use go kart parts it might not be so bad.

My neighbor builds them. He built the fastest one in the nation at one time in a 1/8th. I believe thats what he said. I rode in it and I assure you, a gsxr in a stretched cart aint the safest way to go about dying ahaha. If you have any questions or need parts I'll be happy to ask

Here is the cart ezgo X444-4ge motor is prestolite mkx-4003 36v

1025141230.jpg

My neighbor builds them. He built the fastest one in the nation at one time in a 1/8th. I believe thats what he said. I rode in it and I assure you, a gsxr in a stretched cart aint the safest way to go about dying ahaha. If you have any questions or need parts I'll be happy to ask

See if he knows what 2cycle motor will work in a 74 or 75 EZGO And where I might download a manuel.

Just drop one of these in there:

HondaHomecoming042.jpg

Your neighborhood will never be the same again!

HondaHomecoming042.jpg

No honda for me Terry. Ford all the way

A couple more pic of the project. Found out it is a 1974. Just need to find a gas motor fo it now.

1028141630.jpg1028141630a.jpg

1028141630.jpg 1028141630a.jpg

Well I turned the brake drums on it today.

1102141243.jpg

What size motor you thinking? Shifter or cvt? 2 or 4 stroke?

We run polaris in the buggies. I run a 400 2 banger thats stroked and ported and all that jazz and the wife runs a polaris 500 thats stock. Both cvt. I'm a big fan of cvt drives. Always in the right gear and they will engine brake like a truck with a good spring in the driven.

But we ride tight atv trails as fast as we got the gumption to run so no gears is great

No quite shure yet. After a lot of reading this one being a 1974 the rear end is like a car and is centered with the 2 1/2hp electric motor strait out. So it is going to have to be all custom made my me. Same for lifting it. The main purpus for this cart is running back and forth to my sons house 3 blocks away. Looking for 20 to 25mph. Electric would be ok but it needs all new batterys witch is over $400.00 and would only push it about 12 to 14mph. The rear end doesn't have reverse. So I eather need somthing with a tranny or a 2 cycle that can run eatherdirction.Stii looking for idias.

Back