Found me a nice Jet JVM-836-3

Thanks Chip. If you can find it kicking around, we can at least compare some measurements and go from there. I did not strip my mill handle down yet (too honking cold up here), but just from holding the powerfeed endplate up its too wide.

Jet also may have changed around the end plate/bolt pattern ... but I see nothing in the parts books about that. However, when I look at the power feed they offer for a new mill ... it is the same feed for any of the mills, so maybe they did make a change at some point.

Not trying to hijack Chips thread, but just an update on the discussions Chip and I were having regarding the end plate for the power feed (someone may Google this someday). We also exchanged a couple IMs, and I finally tore into my right side. Once the end plate was off, low and behold I discovered an extra set of drilled & tapped holes that are spaced correctly for standard size mill endplate (6" OC I believe).

So, if you are installing a power feed on a JVM 836, the standard Bridgeport size does fit ... the holes for the larger end plate are already there. I spent hours searching on the net ... it took 10 minutes to get the end plate off to realize it would work.

Back