Found me a nice Jet JVM-836-3

I have a teco FM-50 on my 1.5 HP RF-30. Love it.. the manuals are not the clearest things. So I blogged the WHOLE setup with programming here: http://monarch14.blogspot.com/2014/03/3-phase-power-in-home-shop.html

That should help a lot.

That mill looks in mint condition congrats!

I wouldn't go that far, but it's reasonably close.

The table could use some surface cleanup in my opinion. I saw a utube video where a guy used a stone to clean an old bridgeport up and knock down any high spots. Does anyone know if that is a legit method?

That should help a lot.

I wouldn't go that far, but it's reasonably close.

The table could use some surface cleanup in my opinion. I saw a utube video where a guy used a stone to clean an old bridgeport up and knock down any high spots. Does anyone know if that is a legit method?

If you are talking rust get over to Harbor Freight and pick up a product called Evaporust its amazing. It will remove the rust without harming anything else, won't harm paint, plastic, any other type of metal, doesn't contain any acids, petroleum's, or harsh chemicals, its so mild you can pour it down the sink after its used up. Guys use this stuff to refurbish old machinery from the early 1900's all the time. For parts that are too large to dunk in a tub of this they just wet towels with it and cover it with plastic so it doesn't dry out.

According to the manual the JVM-836 is 1.5HP and only weighs 1500lbs.

That can't be right, my smaller M head BP weighs around 1800#. Yours weighs probably 2200-2500#

nice score. All the extras included really sweeten the deal.

But that picture of the lift with the engine hoist scares the daylights out of me. I don't think HF version of "safety factor" (1.0? 0.95?) is quite the same as what the US considers a "safety factor" (2.0) for overhead rigging and handling equipment.

Turns out FactoryMation has a remote warehouse in town. Had to pay sales tax, but I now have a Teco 7300CV ready to go. :))

Lighter weight castings. This is a smaller machine than a full size BP

http://content.jettools.com/assets/manuals/690036_man_EN.pdf

Page 3, about mid page

A 9x42 full size BP clone weighs about 2250.

Thank you for the correction. On a first look it seemed like a larger machine than it was.

A funny story, a friends BP is sitting on some chips or something, I can rock it back and forth on the floor a little! Nothing to worry about safety wise but it was kinda funny.

I have the Enco version of that machine. They are a very cute alternative if you don't have room for a BP. The only negative is the fairly small Z range (under 14").

For VFD, I put a Hitachi WJ200 on mine. Works a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just cant imagine a machine in the pristine condition your is in. That is a once in a lifetime finf for what you got. Even if it smaller than a bridgy or lighter you would never get one in great or pristine condition so that you could just plug it in and go to it. So I think you did extremely well and you should be glad you spent the money once instead of twice over time if you ever chose to rebuild a worn machine. It isn't like they are short term projects when you open the can of worms it is hiding. So get that puppy ready and fire 'er up. make a couple of quick and easy projects and post up your pics. We are all waiting to see how smooth you say it really is,

Bob

Back