Flea market was good to me today

Not much to buy today. I got an SPI lathe tool height setter for $10. It actually works pretty well. A few other odds and ends.

I don't know what it is that I find so satisfying about cleaning up these clamps. I think it's because they represent real American quality from a good time in our past. It was solid brown rust. It cost me way above average at $4. 3" Cincinnati.

View attachment 451086
Most people don't know that many of the wingnut-type C-clamps were actually sold for holding together frames for quilting. The size of the wings limited the torque applied, and most of them were made of cast iron.

Most people don't know that many of the wingnut-type C-clamps were actually sold for holding together frames for quilting. The size of the wings limited the torque applied, and most of them were made of cast iron.
I see a ton of those at the flea market. They are light duty with poor molded in threads.

Todays deal was not so cheap.... industrial steel drawers are not cheap. I bought 3 sets today for $125. Two are in the picture. The third is a bit different. I spent a lot of time today cleaning off the old labels and cleaning the drawers. Then i filled and labeled the new drawers.

This....
20230701_153758.jpg

Replaced these and several bins.

20230701_154257.jpg

Those plastic drawers are only 6" deep vs 12".

ahhh, that makes sense. I have one of them that has fancy scroll, but a crappy screw... thanks for the info.

ahhh, that makes sense. I have one of them that has fancy scroll, but a crappy screw... thanks for the info.
The wing clamps I buy are square thread heavy duty. They clamp plenty hard with reasonable hand pressure. I'd rather use 2 clamps than ruin one.

Todays deal was not so cheap.... industrial steel drawers are not cheap. I bought 3 sets today for $125. Two are in the picture. The third is a bit different. I spent a lot of time today cleaning off the old labels and cleaning the drawers. Then i filled and labeled the new drawers.

Replaced these and several bins.

Those plastic drawers are only 6" deep vs 12".
Yeah, finding deals on drawer bins is a challenge. Drawers are extremely efficient space savers over shelving. Kinda good feeling when it is all done and organized. Well done. Here are my fastener bins.

Yeah, finding deals on drawer bins is a challenge. Drawers are extremely efficient space savers over shelving. Kinda good feeling when it is all done and organized. Well done. Here are my fastener bins.

Really nice!

The third drawer set i bought yesterday cleaned up and filled with random stuff in the garage. Lag bolts, eyelets and hanging hooks, zip ties sorted by size rather than piled in a big bin, staples, hose clamps, etc.

20230702_102514.jpg

So pleasing. I emptied many bins in random locations into one spot.

I just sold half of my bins at auction. I don't know if the buyer got a great deal or if I did.
I got $300 for them. A total of 24 drawers.

1049-2.jpg

I just sold half of my bins at auction. I don't know if the buyer got a great deal or if I did.
I got $300 for them. A total of 24 drawers.

1049-2.jpg
I actually don't care for that type of organizer but they aren't bad. Just not for me. The individual spaces are quite small and the lids annoy me. If I had a dime for every time I dropped the lid on myself trying to dig for a bolt I'd have lots of dimes. Lol.

For me the individual drawers are faster, no heavy drawers, and no lids.

The buyer made out well. That was a great price.

Back