Flea market was good to me today

Heading over in 20 minutes. The flea market should be pretty small today. They are predicting rain at 5 pm which is long after everyone has gone home, but just the threat of rain kills attendance.

Often a smaller flea market will be better for finding deals. I know the vendor I bought the reamers from will be there with quite a few endmills just a bit over what I want to pay. I'll let them sit a few months and then buy them once the prices soften.

One vendor has 320sc flex hones I'd like to buy but I'm not paying $10 each. I'll let those sit the rest of the season or even next year if necessary.

I let hundreds brand new drill bits sit for 3 years before I finally got them to sell them for a penny on the dollar. They started out at hardware store prices.

Really good morning at the flea market.

Brown & Sharpe depth micrometer. $5

View attachment 450550

1.5" npt tap for $15

View attachment 450553

Mostly L&I brand reamers. I had already put away the taper pin reamers. In the set I got on size, one over, and one under on 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, and 5/16. 3/32, 1/16 too. Throw in some odd sizes for $40 total. All in near perfect condition.
View attachment 450551

This 0 - 1/4" Albrecht chuck was on a damaged 1/2" arbor. Fortunately I had a spare. It is smooth as silk and runs out 0.0015". I cut my spare 1/2" arbor to 1.5" so the whole chuck is nice and short. $20. I've wanted one of these for years.

View attachment 450552

I got a few other things like a bunch of tapcon screws for $5 and a couple small packs of pop rivets for a buck.

Very productive hour and a half.
This deserves a big fat....

:you suck:

I just ordered a chinesium depth mic 0-100mm from Alli for $38.72 delivered. So.......I am jealous thank you very much.

But congrat with you find man,I realy am happy for you.

Today was pretty weak at the flea market. I bought another Akro-Mils 15 drawer organizer in rough shape. with a small amount of interesting hardware in it. Hot soapy water helped a bit.

I bought a bunch of single use super glue cheap. Thin 6" Fowler rule for $1. 10 file handles for $5. Two nice 2" rusty clamps for $4

Not great but still enjoyable. Everything is sorted and put away.

Not much to buy today. I got an SPI lathe tool height setter for $10. It actually works pretty well. A few other odds and ends.

I don't know what it is that I find so satisfying about cleaning up these clamps. I think it's because they represent real American quality from a good time in our past. It was solid brown rust. It cost me way above average at $4. 3" Cincinnati.

20230617_101425.jpg

Back