First Attempt Tig Welding Razor Blades Together

Looks great to me! Has anyone used one of the 200 A, 3 in 1 machines (50 A plasma cutter also) that go for under $500 on eBay (seller dmssgs lists them daily starting at $0.01)? Another case of you get what you pay for? I don't do a lot of welding, but have projects where I braze 0.036" sheet steel together. Would like to try TIG welding. Probably should post this on its own thread, but really liked seeing the razor blades "glued" together.

Bruce

Bruce,
Do ya have a name brand that would help guys know. it is important with tig that you have a pretty good machine and know what you are planning to use it for. Like a DC only is no good for AL.
Mark

The machine I used to weld the blades together in the original post is an Everlast Power Pro 256. It is a 3 in 1 machine with 250A TIG and Stick (AC and DC) and 60A plasma. It was not one of the cheaper models, though. I paid almost $2000 for it 3 years ago. I also bought it directly from Everlast, not on eBay. It has a 5 year warranty. I had to replace the high frequency module at about 1 year, but it was covered under warranty with no questions asked.

GG

welding cart 1.jpg

Well, that'll keep your beer from tipping over!

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back