First Attempt Tig Welding Razor Blades Together

Those HF blades are expen$ive! I'll bet I burned up 40 cents worth today :grin:

GG

I remember hearing of a real artist with TIG,, welded the zigzag ends of tin foil from a chewing gum wrapper. I was never sure I wasn't being fed a line.

I've seen it done on video, but I wouldn't exactly call it welding. The end result was that the foil stuck together... sort of... so in some sense you might call it "welding". (maybe) :rolleyes:

Welding the zigzagged edges together in pattern seems like it would be quite a stretch.

GG

I know knife blades are thicker, was all I had. They were new blades and the sharpened edges were leaned against each other making the edge thinner. Part of that challenge for me was being liquored up. I can also weld two cans together side buy side and end to end. I can also run beads on the side of a can with out blowing thru to much time on my hands. Lol.

Next try welding a razor blade to a 1/2 plate on the face. While welding two blades together is quite an accomplishment and very hard to do, the Apex of TIG in some folks minds is the welding of a cutting edge of a razor blade to a large piece of metal that is a better heat sink.

I once welded the crack of dawn to a broken heart using unobtainium rod, and angel farts for gas.:eek:
Really guys nice work and great practice. Never tried it but next time I tig something up I will give it of few runs.

Last edited:
Back