Er 32 collet issue

stirboy01 had reported the chuck being ok. Sorry to have combined both @Winegrower and stirboy01 in the same sentence. My bad. Could be @stirboy01 has a bunch of no good collets, or the original measurement was in error? It is possible to get a bunch of lousy collets, especially if from the same vendor and lot.

I'm just trying to help and am struggling to come up with the root problem.

i am trying to get to the point where i can regrind the seating face of some small engine valves.. i have about .002 ro of a dowel when it is tightened into the collet.. it can be + .002 or -.002 depending on which side of the dowel i zero the indicator on.. its still a total of 2.. other day i put dowel in the vise and slid the collet onto it and indicated the od of the collet.. slowly rotating the collet on the dowel showed the od of the collet to be around .0015 out of round from the id.. i have a starrett 25R point set thats in pretty good shape and various points all yield the same readings.. everything is clean and no oil film and reading are smooth and not jumping around.. like i said before when i measure the bore of the 8 degree holder that is about right on even though the indicator is on a angle to the bore.. if worse comes to worse i can always use my 4 jaw..

Back