ELS on Mini-Lathe?

The Automation Tech cable is just a RS232 to RJ45 conversion cable. You need to connect the RS232 side to a serial port on your PC.

An RJ45 connects to the servo somehow??
seems like USB to serial would be easier...but not if an RJ45 connects to servo. I only use a laptop so it will have to be a USB. Serial just seems so antiquated...

It's likely the same pinout as the networking guys use for Cisco and others. I have one, but didn't need to use it.

OK, watched the video about programming drive...I see where the RJ45 comes into play now. Anyone know the difference between" resolution" and "pulses per circle"? That seems to be the options in Protune and 4000 seems to be factory setting for both.. I might just go ahead and try to make an adapter rather than wait to order one. Being there are pinouts available and I believe it only uses 6 of the 25, shouldn't be too complex.

I wouldn't change too much unless you know the outcome. I only changed the one parameter.

A mixed blessing here since I need to reflash the launch board. I checked Clough's Github, there is a new version and you can now POWER OFF THE UNIT WITH THE POWER BUTTON!!! Nice...

Nice. I see he changed the tach display to reduce jitter also. That will be nice since the tach jumps around a lot.

I just updated and I like that the tach doesn't jump around as much. The power switch change is okay, but I need to power off my power supply to the motor drive anyways.

Back