Eisen 1440EV has Shipped!

I’m guessing you tipped it over trying to turn it around in the garage? Sorry but hopefully you didn’t get hurt which is most important.

So... Here's the details of my day in a couple of pics.

Not much room under the crate - we had a hellova time getting his pallet jack under it. Easy enough for a forkift, but alas...
You see the strap on the crate - that's because it almost tumbled off after the guy. SOMEHOW it stopped. Thank god. He got a very nice tip for risking his life.

Arrival.jpg

He put the crate in the garage and wanted to get out of there. Can't blame him after that ordeal.

InTheShop.jpg

Crap... It's oriented the wrong way....

ItsBackwards.jpg

That's OK, I'll just spin it..................... yeah.............................Almost but nope.... Skates hit a crack and a low spot in the concrete, that was it...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg
I "SHOULD" have left it on the pallet (less of a pallet and more of a crate bottom) and gotten a pallet jack. I Should have, but I didn't. Stupid me never wanting to leave anything unfinished.
As I stated earlier - Expensive lessons are learned VERY quickly.

It's resting on the top left face corner of the Headstock against the leg of the bench and a plastic tote, and it's also resting on the cross slde crank.
There are some broken lever ends - I'm assuming the Cross slide is shot, won't know full details until a guy I know brings over his Skid Steer and some strapping to get it righted. Hopefully we don't cause any more damage in doing so.

Lathe is over 2600 lbs when shipped, which is about the same weight as mine. Nobody I spoke to would use a lift gate to deliver mine, very dangerous to use truck lift gate at that weight, glad it wasn't damaged in the delivery. They are awkward to move, and they are very top heavy.
Depends entirely on the condition and capacity of the lift gate. Took delivery of 3500 lb. / 5000 lb. hoist machines on job sites with no problem.

sorry you dumped your lathe, but I have to say, there has been enough warning on this site about s**t like this. It's unfortunate that you didn't heed any of those warnings. Going slow, and thinking through before rushing is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Glad you didn't get crushed.
LATHES ARE TOP HEAVY

So... Here's the details of my day in a couple of pics.

Not much room under the crate - we had a hellova time getting his pallet jack under it. Easy enough for a forkift, but alas...
You see the strap on the crate - that's because it almost tumbled off after the guy. SOMEHOW it stopped. Thank god. He got a very nice tip for risking his life.

View attachment 441288

He put the crate in the garage and wanted to get out of there. Can't blame him after that ordeal.

View attachment 441289

Crap... It's oriented the wrong way....

View attachment 441290

That's OK, I'll just spin it..................... yeah.............................Almost but nope.... Skates hit a crack and a low spot in the concrete, that was it...

View attachment 441291
I "SHOULD" have left it on the pallet (less of a pallet and more of a crate bottom) and gotten a pallet jack. I Should have, but I didn't. Stupid me never wanting to leave anything unfinished.
As I stated earlier - Expensive lessons are learned VERY quickly.

It's resting on the top left face corner of the Headstock against the leg of the bench and a plastic tote, and it's also resting on the cross slde crank.
There are some broken lever ends - I'm assuming the Cross slide is shot, won't know full details until a guy I know brings over his Skid Steer and some strapping to get it righted. Hopefully we don't cause any more damage in doing so.
At this point you are risking the lathe completely. You stand to lose everything. Hire the right people to upright that lathe. Without having experience with heavy equipment if you try to lift it the bottom will push out resulting in more damage. Pay the money now to fix the problem. Unless you own a fork lift. ??????. At best an "A" frame over the the lathe to upright it.

Last edited:
At this point you are risking the lathe completely. You stand to lose everything. Hire the right people to upright that lathe. Without having experience with heavy equipment if you try to lift it the bottom will push out resulting in more damage. Pay the money now to fix the problem. Unless you own a fork lift. ??????
Understood. What type of company do I search for. Everyone says get the right people but give no examples.

Machinery movers OR Get Dollys under it to move it to where you can work on it. I think (not knowing what equipment you have handy) an "A" frame would be best. You have no overhead room so you have to jack it up using floor jacks to get it on dollys to roll it out to where you can safely work on it. Another option is a flatbed with a wheel lift to reach it and lift it or at least get it out to where you can work on it

I would add outriggers to your cabinet. in your case too late to add outriggers that support both sides, but when you right the unit, you want the outriggers to prevent you from going over the high side. Use 2x4's on end (so the 3.5 is vertical). If you attach it properly you will be good.

Next, you might want to do like @pontiac428 and cut a hole in your ceiling, and hang a chain fall over the tie beam.
lift from inside the bed webbing using straps and add cribbing as you lift to prevent it from settling back on the lathe if things go wrong.

Back