Ebay: Vn 16 Spindle-- Campobello, South Carolina

Do we have any HM in the area?
Yep, local pick up only. Note do your own loading.
If it were summer I'd consider taking our summer camping vacation toward Campobello, South Carolina.

Daryl
MN

Just looked, I'm 10 hours away. If I can arrange a way to load it, I might grab it.

Jason

Yes, please.
Note you are responsible for loading.
Price is right.
If you get her home and decide you don't want her let me know.
I'll cover your costs. Wouldn't be until late spring...
However, I hope you find her a home.
But, would gladly take her!!!

Daryl
MN

I know about the loading. Just sent a bunch of questions on it. Think I can do it with only 1 day off from work. What is the estimated weight of this machine? If I get it, I will keep it, which means the first VN 12 may get sold.

Jason

This all I've got for you.
I'm pleased!

Daryl
MN

Attachments

• Van Norman No. 16 -L-M-S Manual and Parts List.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
Be sure to look around for additional parts which the seller might not associate with the VN16.

Daryl
MN

A No. 16, which is the previous generation from the 16L/M/S, weighs 2200 lbs without motor. The No. 16S has a taller column, bigger table and heavier cutter head. Probably at least 2500 lbs with motor, maybe as much as 3000 lbs.

Rent a Bil-Jax type lowering trailer if you can. You can always call a towing company and have them bring out a boom-type wrecker to load it for you.

Don't mess around if you're thinking about buying this. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has at that price!

Well, the seller has yet to reply to any of my questions, so nothing is going to happen till that happens. He only has 1 feedback on eBay, so I am not rushing in blind.

3000 is no problem, my last load of stuff was over 5000 lbs.

Jason

We call them drop decks in Minnesota.
Popular for building ice fishing houses (this photo was from a random internet search).

Daryl
MN

769712.jpg

I've been looking at this also and the seller has not replied to my questions either. Which leads me to wonder if it is actually functional? Awful lot of money for a boat anchor.

Back