Ebay: Vn 16 Spindle-- Campobello, South Carolina

Looks like a great deal!!
Wish I had time to fetch and a wife that wouldn't divorce me for buying another tool. :)

It's only a 1000 miles for me. He's claiming its a 40 taper, were these even available with the 40 taper?

Jason

It's only a 1000 miles for me. He's claiming its a 40 taper, were these even available with the 40 taper?

Jason

I'm afraid I don't know any of the specs for it. We had one in machine trades class that I believe wax very close if not the same machine, I just remember it worked well and was a good machine.

I may be wrong ,but in the one picture it looks like a rack with R8 collets on the right sie of the machine

But, no oversrm support. Where do these things disappear to????

If this was near me I'd be trying to get someone to help get it . looks nice and clean .I just looked at what else he's selling . For $1,000 there's a Kearney and trekker mill with a large rotary table and a dividing head plus a crate full of tooling . better deal more for the money.

Last edited:
I may be wrong ,but in the one picture it looks like a rack with R8 collets on the right sie of the machine
I'm guessing these are the VN 5v collets. On first glance they look like R8. Slightly different and not interchangeable.

Daryl
MN

OK, so this is a 16S, which means that it has a quill and power feed on the quill for boring. These are very rare and that's a great price for one. Someone should grab this! If it wasn't so far away I would have hit buy it now and worried about the condition later.

The collets in the rack do look like Van Norman style 'C' collets (aka Hardinge 5V). I don't know about NMTB 40 taper, but the No. 16S was certainly available with a NMTB 30 taper spindle. There may have been a 30 taper to 'C' collet adapter available allowing the collets to be used.

Back