Eagle Engine Help

The ping sound is not normal and I corrected it after that video was shot. The fly weights were hitting on the inside of the flywheel making the ping sound.

I went back out to the shop to tidy things up and reconnect your ignition module.
I just can't leave things alone so I had to give it one more try.
It started on the second flip and ran for 14 minutes before it stopped. I then gave it one flip and it started up and ran for another 10 minutes before I shut it off. The highest temp I recorded was 117 degrees at the cylinder head.

Over the next few days I will be running the engine numerous times to make sure everything is good.
I have a feeling there is still a problem somewhere.

Ray

Over the last couple of days I have repeatably started and ran the engine for over 2 hrs total. I have corrected a few minor issues during this time and beleive it to be in good condition so now it is time to send it back. The engine has ran reliably and I have no reason to believe it won't continue to do so. The temperature in my shop was 95 degrees and I am at 100 feet elevation so when the engine gets to Oregon there will be some adjustment required for your location.
Final picture for me
IMG_0951.JPG

In order to try to minimize any damage during shipping I bolted the engine inside the wood stand. I then lined the bottom of a large flat rate box with laminate flooring and placed the stand in the box upright. This should keep the engine safe I hope.

IMG_0960.JPG

and the final video

I want to thank Erich for allowing me to look at his engine and everyone else for following along. I have had a ball working on the engine and have learned from the experience.

Thanks for looking
Ray

Thank you so much, that is amazing! The hit/miss sound is really cool!

Back