Dro's On Budget For Mill

HXX is the manufacturer?

I deal manufacturers/sales people in China all the time. Some are better then anyone I've dealt with while others are liking. All in all I usually have a good experience. I save a bunch of money not buying from someone else that just shipped it over here.

Sometimes it is worth the extra cost to have someone state side to do the buying & resale to you tho.

There is an HXX decal on the side of the scales, so I'm assuming that is the manufacturer.

Yes in my case it might have been less expensive to go with a distributor based in the US. I was trying to save about $200, but if I don't get my money back I'll have more than the $200 I saved in it.

I've purchased a number of items from Aliexpress and this is the only problem I've ever had like this.

If it was going to be anyone that had a problem, it was gonna be me.

If it were me I'd try to get it working. I know the shipping from china to me along is $138. Then there is the bank fees to do the transaction. Then Aliexpress has to get their cut. I can understand the seller trying to get you to repair it locally.

There isn't anymore I can do to get it working and I don't know who could repair it. The seller wants me to ship back just the 400mm scale. I've not checked on shipping yet, I just signed up for a DHL account. I'll check on shipping tonight. If all else fails and I can't return it, I can buy another scale for $105 shipped.

That's a great idea. I'll try that when I get home.

Thanks

If it was going to be anyone that had a problem, it was gonna be me.

We all feel that way sometimes. Don't beat yourself up about it.
Keep showing the vendor that you can be reasonable and hopefully they will return the courtesy.

I hope you come to a solution that works for you.:encourage:
-brino

Thanks Brino.

I think we have come to a solution. He proposed I send him $35 by paypal and he will send me a new 400mm scale.

That is the least expensive solution to my problem.

I get annoyed at counter offers like that but then again if you get that one working you just bought another scale for $35. I really think he should cover the whole cost. It'd be up to him if he wants the old scale back which isn't worth the shipping to them.

If you want you can ship me the scale & I'll have a look at it.

I think we have come to a solution. He proposed I send him $35 by paypal and he will send me a new 400mm scale.

Nothing like an iron clad warranty! [/sarc] :mad:

Back