Dro's On Budget For Mill

I'm also annoyed, very annoyed. I had hoped to sell my Bridgeport this last weekend, but I can't until this is settled. I have customers parts coming in and I need a mill with a functioning DRO.

Other than fighting this and dragging it out, (I love a good fight) I decided to take his offer to try and get this settled as soon as possible. I could argue with him for who knows how long on this.

For me this is the best solution.

If you wouldn't have budged already I'm sure he would have just paid the freight. I deal with this negotiation sometimes. I put them on my do not buy from again list. I've only been burnt by one of a thousand Chinese sales people.

After browsing the devil out of AliExpress this past week, I think that when buying these type of items it might be best to
look for the actual manufacturer's storefront.
I've notice that the scales are available from a number of stores and in the case of the Ditrons I'm interested in, I found
what I think is the actual company site.
I wonder if HXX has a site setup or if they're just going through resellers.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Alloy: sorry to hear of your problems. I am in the process of making this same decision right now so I appreciate your lessons learned. I need something for my mill, and the price point for what you have is not that bad.
My 3 choices are something from AliExpress or one of the new Absolute DRO+ from Igaging http://www.igaging.com/page44.html
or the Tashi system http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Reado...ords=dro#biss-product-description-and-details on Amazon

I guess if others have any opinions I would love to hear them as well. The idea of going directly to the store front is good, seems hard to tell unless you can see the manufacturer name...

Thanks

Ray

Had not heard of or seen 'Tashi' yet. Glanced at the site on Amazon, looking at the estimated shipping time though,
it looks like it coming from overseas also.

Ray,

Looked at your ink and this came up. Very cool looking..............spendy but cool.

Hmmmm..............just made $300 on a transmission I sold........... :)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...tal-readout-DRO-system/817985_1127709824.html

I had pulled my scales off and had everything packed up and ready to ship back, but since I've made a deal with my seller I put them back on. They still work thankfully.

If you want you can ship me the scale & I'll have a look at it.

I'll get the scale boxed up and sent off to you. Even if you can't fix it, (be nice to have a spare just in case) sounds like you have enough knowledge of electronics you can take it apart and share you opinion on it. Might help everyone here trying to make a decision on what scales to get.

Next time, in case you guys are looking, We have 2 axis mill kits for $349, 2 axis lathe kits with the 1Um cross scale for $399, and 3 axis mill kits for $449. Stocked here in Pittsburgh and we take care of the warranty here. They are in stock, we will have them on the web site soon

We also do a 3 year warranty on them, and no shipping back and forth to China.

If you guys need any help with what you have though, depending on what it is, I may be able to fix it. Although a lot of the reader heads on those DROS are fulled with epoxy and not able to be serviced. But you never know, a lot of those places use the same display, but then mix and match scales, so you never know until you look at them.

Last edited:
Back