Drawer Liners.. new idea?

I use Air.o double-sided tape if I really want something to stay. That tape is not coming lose.

Anyone ever tried using the material from a treadmill mat? I use it for way covers on my mill. Wonderful for that.

I use Air.o double-sided tape if I really want something to stay. That tape is not coming lose.

the problem is not the tape, its the mat, it tears off the tape that I use....

We got some from Amazon.

The Matco box had deep drawers, so we got rolls 18 inch x 24 feet.

Seems to work well, not real stiff like the Snapon ones but easy to cut.

Manpower was the brand.

We also got another brand, the drawers are shelves upside down, 24 x 36 inches and the rolls are 24 inch by 20 feet, have not opened it yet, tooltex brand on that one.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

We got some from Amazon.

The Matco box had deep drawers, so we got rolls 18 inch x 24 feet.

Seems to work well, not real stiff like the Snapon ones but easy to cut.

Manpower was the brand.

We also got another brand, the drawers are shelves upside down, 24 x 36 inches and the rolls are 24 inch by 20 feet, have not opened it yet, tooltex brand on that one.

can't find the manpower stuff, but I have a box I picked up at a garage sale that I posted here a long while back. It has a lot of drawers and I am looking for a better alternative.

I should mention that my Kennedy uppers have felt liners which are glued in, which I like. But the bottoms do not, I have also tried some heavy mat that was supposedly of "Professional Quality", but over time it also moved. They start out good, But I think dirt affects the grabbieness.
Why not line the drawers with felt, its available with self adhesive backing. I've gotten it from McMaster.

Why not line the drawers with felt, its available with self adhesive backing. I've gotten it from McMaster.
That's a lot of drawers, and the felt may not keep things from moving around. These are a lot bigger than my Kennedy's.

Just use toolbox drawer liner in the search for Amazon, plenty of choices and sizes.

Back in the day when I purchased my first large toolbox and a few after I bought and used 12x12 self-stick carpet squares they always workd out Great. I just looked and Home Depot sells them, but they are 18x18 square but would be easy to cut and stick. I never had any issues even after 30 years or more. Buy it once and it's done go cheap and you lose in the long run.

For toolchest drawer liner, I've used this stuff (or something similar):

It's a vinyl (or rubber) high traffic runner. Before putting it in the drawer, clean the drawer well (I use acetone), then put a small blob of silicone sealer (any type) in the 4 corners. Place the cut to fit piece in the drawer and put a small weight over each corner. Leave it overnight and the drawer liner stays put. On the few times I've needed to remove the liner, it peels out with a little effort.

What I like about this stuff is it seems to be impervious to VOCs, solvents, etc.

Back