Drawer Liners.. new idea?

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I have tried a bunch of different drawer liners. The thing is they all seem to move when you don't want them too. I tried double stick tape, that didn't work.
I spray glued one down, and that works, but it's got me worried about when the foam / rubber whatever fails.

I just thought about using some truck bed liner spray, OR some flex sealant spray. Anyone tried that? I think one or the other will last longer. I used it on my lawn tractor after @f350ca did his with it. It lasted quite a few years, and finally needs a new application. I'm thinking that it might be a nice lining. Anyone try it yet?

I've been down this road, too, with no solution. I haven't used Plasti Dip, but my kids did to blackout the emblems on their cars. It lasted a few years before peeling. I doubt it would last as a liner unless the tools didn't shift. I'm curious about @aliva 's experience with it. Sprayed on bed liner would be much more resilient.

I have a US General tool box from Harbor Freight, the drawer liners it came with work great, the liners never move and nothing slides on them either. I think this is the material;

I have a US General tool box from Harbor Freight, the drawer liners it came with work great, the liners never move and nothing slides on them either. I think this is the material;
It is a very good liner, and I put it in my Lyon's chests. My problem is that my drawers are 25" X 25", so I had to cut and use two pieces per drawer, which for sure causes mine to move and bunch up. It took quite some time to fit 16 drawers and I'd like to salvage them. I think I'll try the carpet tape @SLK001 mentioned.

I've been down this road, too, with no solution. I haven't used Plasti Dip, but my kids did to blackout the emblems on their cars. It lasted a few years before peeling. I doubt it would last as a liner unless the tools didn't shift. I'm curious about @aliva 's experience with it. Sprayed on bed liner would be much more resilient.
That's what I think as well. And what I like about the bed liner is the rough texture which will help keep things from shifting I think.

I have had that in a bunch of my drawers, not great. It moves, over time it kept sliding back, and didn't like double stick tape. Just looking to keep stuff from moving, and the bottoms from rusting too.

I should mention that my Kennedy uppers have felt liners which are glued in, which I like. But the bottoms do not, I have also tried some heavy mat that was supposedly of "Professional Quality", but over time it also moved. They start out good, But I think dirt affects the grabbieness.

Back