Ditron vs Sino...wich is better in your opinion

I should say that I have only used the Ditron magnetic scales, not their glass ones. I much prefer magnetic scales, pretty much bullet proof, and coolant proof. After 6 years I did replace the magnetic strip on my mill (about $40) I spilled some MEK on it and the tape started coming loose. Other than that, it has been soaked in coolant and oil for years.
Some feedback. I went with the Ditron D60 and magnetic scales. Thanks for everyone's input. Now I am waiting.....

Jim,do you have any kind of scale guard on your scales or is it not necessary gor mag scales? On my other thread one of the members advised me to use a guard. The DRO is for my lathe (1.5m)

Jim,do you have any kind of scale guard on your scales or is it not necessary gor mag scales? On my other thread one of the members advised me to use a guard. The DRO is for my lathe (1.5m)

I have not used a shield, but it would be a good idea and very simple to install on my X axis. I'm just lazy. The Y axis is tucked under the saddle so no shield needed.

1605117846492.png

1605117864307.png

I finally received my Ditron DRO today after it was at customs for about a month and a half(don't ask about that ).

It will be a while before getting to the instalation part, but I want to know from you guys,where would the best position be for the display? I have a 1.5m btc lathe.

Tengo un Ditron D80 que elegí por la legibilidad de la pantalla. No estoy seguro sobre el modelo D60 o Sino. Algunas de las pantallas amarillentas muestran el contorno de los segmentos apagados de manera demasiado prominente y, en mi opinión, son más difíciles de leer. La D80 es estupenda.

Hola.
Tengo un Dro Shenzhen GCS900-3D. También compré un Dro Dintro D80 Rev 2.0 sin balanza magnética. ¿Funcionarán las escalas magnéticas con la Dreo D80?
Tengo un Ditron D80 que elegí por la legibilidad de la pantalla. No estoy seguro sobre el modelo D60 o Sino. Algunas de las pantallas amarillentas muestran el contorno de los segmentos apagados de manera demasiado prominente y, en mi opinión, son más difíciles de leer. La D80 es estupenda.

Apreciaría tu ayuda.

Sergio, tengo escalas magnetica en mi D80, y esta bien. Pero no se nada de las escalas de GCS900.

I finally received my Ditron DRO today after it was at customs for about a month and a half(don't ask about that ).

It will be a while before getting to the instalation part, but I want to know from you guys,where would the best position be for the display? I have a 1.5m btc lathe.

Congrats for your purchase. You can not go wrong with the Ditron. I have the same unit.

While the large display helps with visibility, do not put it very high since your hands will tire. When working there is quite some button pushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats for your purchase. You can not go wrong with the Ditron. I have the same unit.

While the large display helps with visibility, do not put it very high since your hands will tire. When working there is quite some button pushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your advice. I have NO idea what winegrower or Sergio said and if it has anything to do with my question, but that's fine. How does the display bracket look you got with your purchase, can you post a pic? Reason for asking is that I specifically said on my purchase comments that it is for a lathe and the one they send will work for a mill. I contacted Ditron and are waiting for a response

Back