Delusional Seller- I'm Laughing So Hard, That I'm Crying Here....

Spent the bulk of the 90s in Sillycone Valley. Had some good friends there, but couldn't wait to leave. In the mid-nineties they were selling broken down dog houses for a half-mil. Some newly minted millionaire would spend stupid money to buy the property, and then bulldoze the lot so they could build a new home on it. Sheesh...

A bunch of ex-hippie CA refugees came in and ruined Boulder, CO a couple decades ago. It will probably never recover.

That is very interesting to hear: Silicon Valley is a better place to get used machines than Northern California or Oregon. It sort of agrees with some of my friends who are relocating to a slower paced life/retirement. One fellow tells me that he avoids Craigslist, and instead takes his chances at the auctions. He has to be very decisive and fast moving. On the other hand, it seems that the life quality there is better in other ways. Any good choices up there for retirement?

Redding is a good place to live if you don't mind the heat. Can get to 110 deg. F + for a few days a year. It has most of the shopping amenities that a town of 90,000 plus would have. Housing is much less expensive than the Bay Area so you can get a fair size house on acreage with a pool and outbuildings for a third of the price. Wanna buy my place? It's going on the market in the next couple of months.

Tom S.

Hmmm. I'm more afraid of heat than cold. Shopping is not a big deal, but quality of life issues and crime are important. It is hard to find a place with decent space to put a reasonable set of machines here in Silicon Valley, since the property is so dang expensive. I guess that is why there are more used machines on the market. All the high schools here are phasing out their metalworking programs. There was one adult ed class in Los Gatos-Saratoga. They were getting piled high with donations from out of business machine shops, but they did not get enough student enrollment to keep the program open. Sad.

That is to pay for his gas to go get it for you. Oh you had to drive past one to get to his house.
I see that all the time on Ebay, HF sale items for more than the normal price, oh and they want you to pay shipping.
Wait, I have a HF 5 miles away, and get more emails and fliers than can use. They must think that no one else knows what they are.

Back