Delusional Seller- I'm Laughing So Hard, That I'm Crying Here....

Cottonwood is in my backyard. I moved to the north part of the state 4 years ago and quickly found out that it is a machinery barren wasteland. When you do find something it's either trashed or priced way too high. This thread is a case in point. Boy, do I miss living near Silicone Valley where there is a glut of used machinery.

Tom S.

When I think of all the arts and crafts junk that I see valued at tens of thousands on Antique Roadshow, the $5K doesn't seem so bad. At least it will give some useful service.

That said, the market will dictate a price for the lathe. I can't imagine that someone looking for a lathe wouldn't do some research before buying. With the ease of access of information via the internet, a prospective buyer needn't get taken in.

Silicone Valley

Tom, I am sure that was just a typo, so I am not poking fun at you, but you nearly made me spit out my lunch when I laughed.
I am certain there is lots of silicone used there too! ;)

-brino

Tom, I am sure that was just a typo, so I am not poking fun at you, but you nearly made me spit out my lunch when I laughed.
I am certain there is lots of silicone used there too! ;)

-brino

Yes, a typo. Reread it and had a chuckle myself.

Tom S.

Tom do You really miss living in the Bay Area ?. Being from Arkansas / Texas this area is a different planet for me, although sometimes machine tools are abundant, the rest is all bad

Tom do You really miss living in the Bay Area ?. Being from Arkansas / Texas this area is a different planet for me, although sometimes machine tools are abundant, the rest is all bad
Yes, the Bay Area does have bad spots. But, it also has micro climates of bliss. I would not give up my town for anything and the Bay Area is a perfect feeding ground for my toolaholic addiction. It’s a win, win for me…Dave

My wife and I were both born and raised in the bay area (60 years +) and have no regrets about leaving. We do miss our family and friends but the change in "atmosphere" is a welcome change. We are currently living in Redding so we can be close to our oldest two granddaughters. Now that they are out of high school we are looking to move again. Summers are smoking hot.

Tom S.

Yes, the Bay Area does have bad spots. But, it also has micro climates of bliss. I would not give up my town for anything and the Bay Area is a perfect feeding ground for my toolaholic addiction. It’s a win, win for me…Dave

Unfortunately I don't live in Danville. I've been there though. Very nice!

Tom S.

Back