Delusional Seller- I'm Laughing So Hard, That I'm Crying Here....

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/tls/5735541038.html
just because you put a coat of paint on the headstock doesn't mean it's rebuilt.
oil was not considered important to the owner/user, seen in the tracks laid by the carriage grinding into the ways for nearly the entire length.
see picture 4. the owner is obviously delusional if he thinks that lathe is worth $500,:bs:
much less $5000.

Last edited:
It does look like there is some ''minor'' scoring in the ways :grin: Yup delusional:confused:

Now lower price! - $5000 LOL, I wonder what the original price was.

Quite funny, but as a learning tool what would a fair price/range be in your part if the country?

without a quick-change i would guess it should bring around $800 here in the frozen northland, if he had all the change gears. it does look like a "nice" paint job however. my craftsman leaves a similar mark from the wiper trail of dark oil, but then again, mine is not near as good looking as that one

after a closer look, and exploding the pix's, i see the mark. . . kinda sad, but it comes with "tooling and what looks to be a great chip pan :)

There is no mention of change gears and without them I would say it's worth maybe $500. With the gears probably around $800.

Guys, please don’t bash me. BUT, anytime I see/hear the words restored, professionally repaired, just rebuilt and such…I RUN. There are just too many bozos out there! I want to see a machine in interest that has never been touched. The bozos just slap paint on it and call it like new! Enough ranting…Dave

Last edited:
Aw, c’mon, give the guy a break. It’s obvious that the $4900 worth of tools and solid gold oil can are what makes it all worth $5000. I may hop a flight to Sacramento and check it out. What’s the weight limit on checked baggage?

Tom

This "very" old Craftsman metal lathe... may be years or decades older than the seller, it was a nice lathe when new, but it's no longer new. I'd call the seller 'hopeful' rather than delusional, but his hope ain't gonna be realized.

Back