Degreaser help needed it burns

I don't know that you need to go to a doctor and would trust your parents. If the pain persists for more than a few days, you may want to reach out. But this stuff because it is water based makes it sound like it is safe, but it is a chemical.

Just keep an eye on it. When I was pulling wrenches for a living back in the 1970's, the parts wash solutions that we use to use would leave your hands tinkling for several hours afterwards. Of course back then, we were not as safety savy as people are today.

There is little more that can be done at this point. Wash the affected area, neutralize the caustic, and prevent infection. I have had simi;lar experiences with chemical burns around the finger nails both with caustic and with hydrofluoric acid. The latter happened when I worked in a chemical lab and it did warrant a visit to emergency The hydrofluoric acid is insidious as it is both a strong acid and the fluoride attacks bones and cartilage so not only must the acid be neutralized but the fluoride has to be tied up as well.

If it were me, I would wait before a trip to Urgent Care but if the condition appeared to be worsening by all means I would go.

There is little more that can be done at this point. Wash the affected area, neutralize the caustic, and prevent infection. I have had simi;lar experiences with chemical burns around the finger nails both with caustic and with hydrofluoric acid. The latter happened when I worked in a chemical lab and it did warrant a visit to emergency The hydrofluoric acid is insidious as it is both a strong acid and the fluoride attacks bones and cartilage so not only must the acid be neutralized but the fluoride has to be tied up as well.

If it were me, I would wait before a trip to Urgent Care but if the condition appeared to be worsening by all means I would go.
yeah i will wait before asking to go but it is hurting some more and just has been getting worse so i will wait until it hurts a lot.

I would recommend that for future purposes read the SDS before using any chemical you’re not already familiar with in order to anticipate and avoid problems. Some solvents can carry chemicals right to your bloodstream or nervous system and asking questions on an online forum could delay getting the care you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i will wait before asking to go but it is hurting some more and just has been getting worse so i will wait until it hurts a lot.

Don't be a martyr. If the pain is increasing, you should seriously consider urgent care.

Looking at the SDS sheets for the ingredients, the butyl cellosolve is not a nice player with skin either.

but it is hurting some more and just has been getting worse
The washing and using vinegar should be all that is needed. I don't know how often you have been exposed to injury. I think a lot of us have had Caustic burns from splashes and yeah, they are a nuisance and the pain/annoyance from a bad one lasts about a week. After a few years of ripping skin, splinters, cuts, burns etc you will just brush it off. Best thing is as has been mentioned read the instructions before using anything. ALWAYS wear safety equipment! Safety glasses are mandatory. A beanie is a good idea as well as bald spots ain't cool.
I use long sleeve heavy duty gloves and a jacket and an apron whenever I use Caustic cleaners and if any does get on me I drop everything rinse and spray with Vinegar. Dump your clothes in the wash too as strong Caustic will eat holes in organic materials.
Caustic cleaners are like most things, they are safe to use provided you have read the instructions and take the requisite precautions.

Back