Degreaser help needed it burns

Baking soda rinse. Need to neutralize it.
POR-15 is probably caustic and some folks are more sensitive to it than others.
There's the possibility that you 'burned' your skin, depends on whether or not it got past the epidermis.

Did you have it diluted or were you using it full-strength?

Lotion: going to need one for sensitive skin. Most of them have perfumes and such in them that will aggravate the injury.

You should probably seek medical advice at this point. I have some of that stuff and shied away from using it on account of the warnings. The paint itself has compounds which etch themselves into your skin, but the thinner and degreaser are a degree more evil. If I recall correctly, a respirator was recommended too and it falls into the "professional product" category.

Be safe. Make sure you read and understand the warnings!

There's the possibility that you 'burned' your skin, depends on whether or not it got past the epidermis.

Lotion: going to need one for sensitive skin. Most of them have perfumes and such in them that will aggravate the injury.
Main ingredient is Potassium Hydroxide.
AKA, Caustic Potash.......

I was using it at full strength my hand was soaked I was wearing a respirator p100 my dad said that it is just a little chemical burn and that I will be ok but that is what expected and I won’t be at any doctor soon my mom said just wash it off I’m going to try vinegar.

All we had was apple cider vinegar and that just made it burn it was in my gloves for about an hour before I noticed the pain I will just have to deal with it but all I’m going to be doing tomorrow is typing at school and pushing buttons make my fingers hurt so guess I will just deal with it.

Back