Definitely Not How To Use A Grinder

I used a 10" hand held grinder once and quickly grew to consider it the most dangerous piece of machinery that I had ever handled. Even the smaller grinders can go wacky on you if you are not careful, but there is no room for error or complacency with those larger ones.

As for placing my who-who-dilly into things where it was not meant to go, all I can say is that there are people on this earth that just don't use the brains that the Almighty gave them. I tend to think that I am not a member of that group.

Maybe somebody should do a public service announcement.

Ya, it would go something like this: "Gentlemen, keep your machinery out of the mechanical machinery. Do not confuse the two or attempt to use one with the other. They are NOT compatible."

"Tweed Heads firies use angle grinder to free man’s penis from ring spanner
Maybe somebody should do a public service announcement.

I can see it now.... the FDA requires a new warning label on the little blue pill. "If stuck in spanner for more than 4 hours, call your doctor."

Tom

Let's be careful here people. No harm done yet, just remember this Forum is still unisex.

"Billy G"

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to see some scary grinding watch the SV Seeker channel on YouTube. Really interesting project that enjoy watching, but they use huge grinding disks with the guards removed, and the owner of the channel is openly contemptuous of "safety nuts" who criticize some of his methods.

From all the machines I operate, the "grinder" has been the one tool that has left me with scars. Yes, I'v been bit more than once by a grinder resulting in sutures and Tetanus boosters. Its been well over 15 years since my last bite, but every time I pick one up, I remember my injuries like it happened yesterday. I now use tight fitting leather gloves when grinding. That said, only my hands and fingers have been bitten.
Be careful and stay focused when grinding.

Back