Dating A South Bend Shaper

Its a little sweetie, For a date with her, I would even bring a bottle of finest lubricating oil, Wash myself & shave +apply after shave lotion, Even get the wife to wash & press my overalls!
Watching these little honeys going back & forward is heaven.

Is that one of those NOS South Bend shapers that were still in their crates? Someone was selling them for high prices several years ago.

I've never dated a shaper, but I'm STALKING a mill. :rofl:

Does that count or do I need to start a new thread?

I've never dated a shaper, but I'm STALKING a mill. :rofl:

Does that count or do I need to start a new thread?

Well I must like the more full figured gals

Cincinanti 16 back geared shaper& gorton 9-j mill

Scruffy

Ps. I'f I can get toag to come over to show me how to post pics I'll put pics of the free shaper & power die filer up.

Scruffy

Is that one of those NOS South Bend shapers that were still in their crates? Someone was selling them for high prices several years ago.

I don't think so. I purchased it from Craigs List a few months ago. I guess the previous owner had it for a few years and built the stand for it. I suspect it has had a new coat of paint sometime in it's life. I'm at least the 3rd owner. I shortened the stand a little bit since it was high for me, added leveling feet and the sheet metal covered plywood top. I replaced the bearings in the motor and rewired and added the non-original switch to replace the plastic junky switch that it came with. I still need to add a light, I have one that I think will work fine but I need to make a bracket and add a switch. Too many projects...

Compared to what I see on eBay I did get a very, very good deal on this. I lucked out being the second caller and the first caller was a no show, I had the cash ready and was able to go see it right away. It was well worth the hour drive. The seller was a real nice guy and he and his son helped me load it in the truck. I was smiling all the way home.

Born in 1963 she may be getting older but with her experience she still knows how to get the job done :)

I've watched a few shapers in my day.... Never brought one home....
But if it looked good and the price was right,,,, who knows? Regardless of the age.
:whistle:

Could a machine like this be used to cut the bolt raceways for a rifle action?

Dating Shapers........ I wondered how long it would take for this thread to turn into a train wreck.......not long.
I love this site

Back