CTC Tools issues

Sorry for taking so long to update my status. I wanted to include pictures of my stuff as unpacked, but have been having camera trouble. I did go through my boxes of stuff and it all arrived unscathed. Everything was packaged well and survived the journey. It took a long time to get here, but I'm happy with the eventual results. I placed my order December 16 and received it around March 10. CTC had indicated, after several e-mails, that the order had been held up in customs (or something like that). Everything apparently got returned to them and then they offered me the choice to either have them re-ship my order or for me to receive a refund from them. I chose to get my stuff. Overall, I'm happy now. I just wish their communication would have been better and faster when they knew of a problem.
I don't believe they ever went out of business. It seems more like just a lack of timely communication. If you are in a hurry for anything, I would recommend that you purchase from another source. If you have no need for rush service and want better pricing, maybe give them a try. I'm glad I did, as some of the items were either unavailable or not affordable from anywhere else that I could find.

Thank you Randall for the update. I have good, but slow service, in the past. Then on my December issue I couldn't get any replies and my order status just said "awaiting fulfilment". After many emails that went un-replied, I asked if PayPal knew what was up. In about 5 days PayPal refunded my money and closed my case.

I think I will try them again.

David

These "issues" seem to be widespread, across continents and hemispheres. I am unlikely to use them in the future at this stage. I only hope that Heine has access to the internet and can see his market going down the toilet and is able to reverse that trend.

Well my CTC order turned up today within the period specified. Very happy with the service. The order was filled and shipped promptly and they sent an email to advise it had been shipped. The goods seem of high quality, about what I have come to expect from CTC and I consider they provide good value for the money. Also they regularly have items that do not appear to be available from other sources. I have been quite pleased with the accuracy of the ER32 collets they supply.
I have no idea why other people are having problems.
Ron

That's great, Ron. My stuff seems to be good quality for the money so far. I have not gotten to check runout on the ER40 collet chuck yet, but everything looks good. The availability of items that are not carried elsewhere is part of what made me place the order with them.

To all that have recently contributed to this thread. I thank you. Previously I had placed a number of orders to CTC and had been very satisfied... My last order placed in December 2016, was big time delayed and I could not get any reply from CTC after many email attempts. When I contacted paypal to see if they knew what was going on...in a few days they refunded my money, and closed my enquiry.

I really wanted my tools not the money.

I will soon be making another order with the hope that all is good again.

David

Hi David
Hope it all goes well with your next order.
Please keep us informed of the outcome.
I really like the quality and prices that CTC provide so I hope that they have their orders back on track
Ron

Good luck David. I just hope they were being honest about the cause of the holdup on my order. If that is true, there shouldn't be any problems now. When I finally got a reply e-mail from them, they gave me the option of getting a refund or getting my stuff re-shipped. I told them that I had more need for the tooling than I did for the money I had spent with them. After that, the order arrived in a timely manner and without any further problems. They indicated that the holdup was due to a paperwork problem with Customs.

Back