Clausing 100 mk3a Timken spindle bearings

One thing I'll mention about the difference between bearing classes and what any given actual bearing might be. The bearing class sets the limit of various dimensions and runouts. Any given bearing could be better in some or all respects than the limits for its class. If Timken were making a production run of Class 3 and Class 0 (Timken C and B) bearings, they would test for Class 0 only until they met the production count of 0's that they needed. Then they would only test to Class 3 for the rest of the run.

The ABMA Class list from not so good to best runs 4, 2, 3, 0 & 00 (some time after 2000 Class 000 was apparently added). But a Class 3 would have a TIR of 0.0003", not 0.003". And the Assembled Bearing Radial Runout figures quoted are in 0.0001" increments. Over the same range, the maximum allowable runouts are 0.0020", 0.0015", 0003", 0.00015" and 0.000075".

Also, Timken did at one time make and sell Class 2 bearings. These are marked Timken but do not carry a Class identifier.

I also have a mk3, so I took your bearing numbers to our local bearing place just to see if they had anything. They list them for $230 each. They didn't have any stocked, so he called timken and was told they were 29 months away from doing a production run on them, if they did one at all. Bummer for all of us with one of these machines.

I Know this is an oldish posting ,but have you tried the UK for Timken bearings because they are readily available here . I replaced the spindle bearings on my Centec2 with Timken .

Sean

Barncat,

As they say (or used to say, although the walking was through a different medium), let your fingers do the walking. Start doing some internet searches on the Timken part numbers either with or without Timken and Bearing. You may eventually turn up someone who still has the number or numbers on hand. Local sellers are much less likely to have slow moving numbers and probably periodically sell off anything that's been in the shelf for a while.

I don't need these, was just looking for the other member that needed them. I have looked online with the part numbers, the problem is that there are different precision classes. It is easy to find that number bearing, but they are all wheel bearings. I have asked quite a few sellers if they were the precision grade, and none of them ever know. I did contact that UK bearing dealer, but haven't heard back.

I don't need these, was just looking for the other member that needed them. I have looked online with the part numbers, the problem is that there are different precision classes. It is easy to find that number bearing, but they are all wheel bearings. I have asked quite a few sellers if they were the precision grade, and none of them ever know. I did contact that UK bearing dealer, but haven't heard back.
Phone them and ask for a guy Gary ,they couldn't do enough for me . This is where I bought the Timken bearing for my Centec2 mill ,I also had problems getting the correct belts for my Fortis lathe they helped me out after several call backs from them ,so I'm surprised you've had no response.

Sean

Just contacted them after seeing the link, so it hasn't been that long.

Back