Chuck plus live center? Also a pic of my Sherline

I made my first cutting tool the other day. A brass cutter. It works so much better than the chinese carbide tools that came with the lathe. Cuts easy and the finish is superb.

I have ordered some proper metal stock instead of using finds and hardware store stuff. Seems like cutoff pieces from ebay is the way to go if you don't want to spend $150.

I think my next addition will be a knurler. Trying to find an option to the sherline version, it looks terrible.

I'd love to see a razor handle from 3/8" stainless, about 3.5-4" long, with knurls in sections.
This is exactly what I'm after personally. This is basically the Feather handle, but the Feather is a whopping $175 and the head is super mild. I found that Maggard has a Chinese made razor with a similar stainless handle, but the fit is very poor.

The trend in razor handles is huge and heavy and I don't like them.

I'm not a fan of huge razors, but I do like some heft to them. Not cinderblock heavy, but enough weight to smooth out the motions of shaving. I had an old Gillette that was nice, and a cheapie with a plastic handle that I despised. So far the 38c fits my needs pretty well. It'll mow down a week's worth of stubble without clogging. It could be a little more aggressive, though.

Back