Chemo

Lactalose is what doctors gave me when I got so stopped up from treatment. Bloodied all my finger nails trying to dig out concrete. When Lactalose started working it didn’t stop for days.

When I had throat cancer I couldn't swallow and had a feeding tube in my stomach. I hated that thing. I would take Gatorade and put in the syringe and squeeze it in me. I could swish something around in my mouth, but swallowing was impossible.

I hope you get better quickly. I also remember the constipation from the oxy they gave me. I quit the pain meds long before they said to then at the end they wanted to put my in a drug rehab program because if the amount I was taking. They insisted on rehab. I told them look at when I last filled that med. They decided I didn't need to go. They couldn't believe I quit cold turkey. The drug made me a space cadet, didn't like that at all. I would have though they kept up with what I was taking instead of going to all the trouble in setting up rehab when I didn't need it.

As I said before, it gets better. Hang in there buddy.

Hope all stays well from now on :encourage:

So glad to hear you're past this one, Dave. I hope the response to treatment results in many, many more years for you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

I hated the feeding tube with a passion. But after losing 86 pounds it got to be a necessity. Couldn’t put water. Anything in my mouth for 5 months. But it passed with time. Salsa and ritz crackers were the bomb. Ate jar after jar.

Lactalose is what doctors gave me when I got so stopped up from treatment. Bloodied all my finger nails trying to dig out concrete. When Lactalose started working it didn’t stop for days.
That poison they give you for a colonoscopy prep should do the trick.

I hated the feeding tube with a passion. But after losing 86 pounds it got to be a necessity. Couldn’t put water. Anything in my mouth for 5 months. But it passed with time. Salsa and ritz crackers were the bomb. Ate jar after jar.
Toward the end of my treatment I was in the eye doctors one day and the plug on end of my feeding tube had broken from use and I'd stuck some kind of plug in it.

The plug fell out and my liquid feeding solution I had to use ran all over the front of my pants and down my leg. I had to walk out past everyone with that all over me.

I told the doctor that day to remove the damn thing and I'd eat regularly to matter how much it hurt. They freaked out thinking I wanted to die since I said that.

I'd lost so much weight they refused to take it out, so a week later I went in to be weighed. Was in the winter and had a really big coat on. Being a machinist I had lots of scrap materials around. I found two 3/4" think steel plates I put in my coat pockets and a smaller 1/2" ones in my back pocket and every bit of change we had in our piggy bank in my front pockets They were happy I'd gained to much weight, had no idea how I'd done it. The feeding tube came out the next day.

Never underestimate a determined machinist.

Back