Chemo

Hang in there!!
Being upright and still facing forward is the most important!
Just think, if you can't taste nothin' and if you are a bit overweight.......
Well........!!

Update . Finished my last session yesterday finally . Have to say I've had a very hard time these past two weeks with aches and pains , dehydration but mostly ...............................................constipation . They blame it on the pills you have to take . I know , TMI . But , over all these years of hearing " you're full of it " , I would have to agree these past 2 weeks . Anyways , I made it thru it and am looking forward to feeling better over these next few weeks . And FWIW , I'll still be " full of $hit " ...............................just not literally . Gotta get my game face back on . :)

Dave, that’s great that you’re through the treatments. My thoughts with you for recovery.

Preemptive laxative.
when I had my new knee I didn’t shi* for 10 days. Honest.
eventually he knee became secondary to the constipation.

I'm sure you know, but dehydration and constipation are related! More water!!

I started my chemo almost exactly a year ago. Did 5 cycles over 4 months. Still have minor side effects but being on the right side of the grass seems like a good tradeoff. ;) OTOH, I know a guy with 'chemo brain'. He has a PhD in Math and was hugely successful in corporate finance. At times now, he can't find the words he wants to say in a simple conversation. Other times, all is fine. Very weird but at least his medical team has gotten him connected with some top neurology people.

And I'm still taking a laxative every second day. Never, ever took one before my surgery.

Craig

Miralax or it’s generic cousins works well. Mix it with gatorade.

I made a change in diet after my bought with colon cancer in '96 and went
with a high fiber diet.

My wife makes excellent bran muffins and along with switching to high fiber cereals and going with ditching white bread in favor of multi-grain and wheat bread, lots of beans and other foods high in fiber mad a huge difference.

Thanks to this I can probably count the times I have been constipated since then as being few and far between.

Sugar-free candies. That will fix you right up.

Update . Finished my last session yesterday finally . Have to say I've had a very hard time these past two weeks with aches and pains , dehydration but mostly ...............................................constipation . They blame it on the pills you have to take . I know , TMI . But , over all these years of hearing " you're full of it " , I would have to agree these past 2 weeks . Anyways , I made it thru it and am looking forward to feeling better over these next few weeks . And FWIW , I'll still be " full of $hit " ...............................just not literally . Gotta get my game face back on . :)

Back